Pick Order or Call Order?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WildEyolf

04-08-2013

Summoners code does not state that pick order is top priority.

IN FACT IT LISTS THAT COMMUNICATION IS KEY. MEANING. It points to call order as priority.

Quote:
Riot has said before (source, source) that the rule in champion select and in game is "Don't be a jerk" and that being above someone in the pick order does not give you more of a right to take a particular role.

KnightxSScarlett

04-08-2013

Ah, but is not picking also a form of communication?

Armstice

04-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildEyolf View Post
Summoners code does not state that pick order is top priority.

IN FACT IT LISTS THAT COMMUNICATION IS KEY. MEANING. It points to call order as priority.
This debate gets so old. To everyone who fully endorses call order, to you I say:

You are just as, if not more greedy than the guy who locks what he wants without saying a word. If you weren't, you would adhere to the summoners code and fill in nessisary roles.

The trend I've noticed is that call order is just a tool used to throw a tantrum. If no one called any role, you would probably find that you would get your desired role more often because it wouldn't be as big of a deal to anyone. This is a team game though, and people want to play a role that insures they have the largest impact possible to carry the game.

Get over yourselves, and quit hiding behind a technicality to say what we all really mean:

I want to do it my way, or I want to ruin the game because I can't.

Welcome to league of legends.

TastyCowpie

04-10-2013

Pick order makes it easy just always go by pick order and you can't go wrong.

AlwaysTwoAces

04-10-2013

Fact:

People who claim pick order usually have lower elo/ratings than people who go with call/communication.

What I mean is, communicating what roles you play best and weakest is the best way. When your team works around
the preferences called, it ensures that no one is stuck with a role they are weak at. It takes compromise, but people who
base picks on such "call order" tend to do much better.

I checked people who claim that communicating and calling what you do best versus people who straight up say
pick order or my life; people who said they used the call order tend to be in higher division/tiers.

Pick order promotes EGO and is conducive for toxicity. Calling and communicating facilitates teamwork even if some
people don't get the role they want, you are still communicating and working things out to a degree.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Go lolking the people here who want pick order and compare it to the rest of us on call/preference. Them statistics must mean something
or just a mad coincidence.

withsomeluck

04-10-2013

So for some reason people get angry when they call first and someone else above them takes their choice. The bottom line here, and it's quite simple, is that typing in a position you want FASTER makes just as little sense as pick order. The OP makes a good point that working with your team is smart but being able to type in "mid" or "jungle" faster than the next person is just as ridiculous as pick order and at least pick order is already set. So just stop and follow pick order AND work with your team.
Super simple

AlwaysTwoAces

04-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by withsomeluck View Post
So for some reason people get angry when they call first and someone else above them takes their choice. The bottom line here, and it's quite simple, is that typing in a position you want FASTER makes just as little sense as pick order. The OP makes a good point that working with your team is smart but being able to type in "mid" or "jungle" faster than the next person is just as ridiculous as pick order and at least pick order is already set. So just stop and follow pick order AND work with your team.
Super simple
You sir are a complete idiot and missed the whole point of the thread/debate. We know that pick order is the de facto, because face it, if first pick wants a role he will get it. The point the rest of us that are beyond such childish concepts are trying to tell you guys to that mentality needs to change.

When you ask your teammates what they can play or what they prefer, or having them tell you "I can play mid, top, adc, but not jungle" is called teamwork and communication. You find out your teammates strengths and build upon that. You don't just pick order, Top/Mid/Adc/Jungle whatever and slam your last guy with support. Or slam that guy with jungle.

NOT ALL PEOPLE CAN PLAY ALL ROLES. Forcing them to FILL A ROLL is detrimental to your team.

Makes me wonder why 90% of all the players who whine and cry for pick order are still in silver or lower. Because their heads are still shoved up their *** to realize its a team game.

Empowering teammates is empowering yourself.

SafetyGoggles

04-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChillxIGotThis View Post
...it's in the Summoner's Code.

Supporting Your Team

Second paragraph: Being a good team player begins at champion select. Be open minded when considering the needs of your team. If you’re the last one to pick, try to fill a niche in your team that hasn’t already been filled. If everyone’s picked and something stands out as a deficiency in your team composition, try asking for another player to fill the gap, or change roles to embrace that responsibility yourself. Remember, that by taking on a role you don’t normally play, you’ll learn more about unfamiliar champions and increase your own skill level.
Right, because "If you’re the last one to pick, try to fill a niche in your team that hasn’t already been filled," = "Follow pick order."

It's funny how you're so excited to take that sentence out of context and ignore all the rest of the paragraph *which suggests you do exactly what the OP is trying to promote. COMMUNICATE.

AlwaysTwoAces

04-10-2013

But but noobs.... Anything with reason or possible meaning gets removed by tunnel vision.

Sources: Noob Goggles (put them on sometimes, make you see things)

KneelBeforeZiggs

04-10-2013

Call order is impossible to enforce, therefore it has to be pick order. Now, I am a level headed individual who, despite being first pick, won't always take my main role (mid) if that is all someone else can do. But pick order is the easiest (and most logical) manner for approaching picks by far.