Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

One of those Ideas!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Apocagenocitis

04-05-2013

Quote:
Arboreal Being:
You're right, and I should not have focused purely on the lore of this idea.

The idea has merit. I think Riot has too many plans for their lore, "plans within plans" as I believe Kitae put it, to throw out the new Trundle altogether, and this is one possible solution. I think it would make much more sense for Riot to simply make a new Troll King champion, but they can't do that as easily now that they've released these announcements about Trundle, so I'll give you a +1 for this.

Thank You, making a new troll champion would put Trundle into the lore again as well. Make it so Trundle's tribe finally has completely died out. Trundle finds out about this tribe to the north. Shenanigans ensue.

BrandoCmmando

04-05-2013

Would like to see this get moar attention. Bump.

Arboreal Being

04-05-2013

Bump for attention.

Apocagenocitis

04-06-2013

Bumped

Galgus

04-08-2013

TBH I think Riot could have tied his old kit closer to his old lore, and wouldn't mind them remaking the old Trundle I know and love with a new kit that better fits the lore.

That said, the old kit fits old Trundle far better than it does Troll King.

Apocagenocitis

04-08-2013

New Idea! Regrettably it appears we are fighting a losing battle against Riot for reverting the Trundle changes. So why not just change Trundle into a new troll with a different name (Same Moves) and make the traditional Trundle Skin just be Trundle. So you have Brawndle (Ill steal Itemsguy's idea and call him Goruk Khan) and then there is a skin for Brawndle/Goruk called Trundle. The skin is givin to anyone who owns trundle before the skin comes out and looks exactly like Trundle does before the remake (Same model, textures, voice, animations, spells)

Now riot would have a troll to be in the Freljord conflict, The SSoTP would keep trundle and his old lore (You would be able to keep the lore of old trundle now that both trundle and brawndle exist in the same universe) Riot wouldn't have to waste of all of this hard work they did making Brawndle, and if you wanted to push old Trundle into the Freljord story, you could make it so Trundle doesn't like the idea of a Troll King ruling all trolls. This allows you to have sort of a battle of Doppelgangers Between Brawndle/Garuk and Original Trundle.
Thoughts? Questions? Comments? Concerns?