Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Tips for getting out of Silver?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pudding Sundae

04-05-2013

Not having much fun in the new ranked system... I don't play ranked very often, just mostly during weekends, and after what happened last weekend, I'm feeling quite disheartened about the current ranked system.

Basically, on Saturday, I started at ~50 LP in Silver div I. I played 8 matches, and only lost 1. I ended up at 96 LP, it seems that in tier 1 you only gain ~2 LP per match once you get past 90 or so...

The next day, I played 4 matches where I lost the first one, won the second, and lost the last two. As a rule of thumb, I stop playing if I lose more than once consecutively, and the end result was me back where I started at ~50 LP.

So now, I'm looking for advice on how others have managed to climb up... Is it that I'm just not good enough and need to work on my mechanics? Or is there a point where it gets pretty luck based? I never really call a lane because it kinda bugs me when others do that especially when they're low picks so for the most part I usually end up going support or adc bot, but mostly support, if that helps at all.

Irelia Carries U

04-05-2013

play more, it is a little luck based, silver 1 already matches you up against golds most of the time anyways, new system is mostly cosmetic, you might already have a gold mmr, just keep playing really, your stats seem fine to me, you will get there eventually

Pudding Sundae

04-05-2013

Yes, I frequently get matched with and against Gold players which makes it that much more frustrating not being able to break the silver barrier, but I guess it is a good idea to play more often, it's just that I usually don't have as much time during the weekdays and I usually end up playing with friends anyway.

103percent

04-05-2013

Pretty much luck based; which it's been for as long as I can remember. Your only real way to climb is to get an equally good (or better) duo buddy and lower the chances you have of getting (a) completely retarded teammate(s) on your side. Even then it's based too much on luck.

SchuyWeaves

04-05-2013

Something I came up with recently but has been working not through thought but through actions in game.

I told my friend that no matter how hard he is carrying or how good his score he wont win in silver unless he makes game changing plays.

I literally mean that at some point in a game you want to be able to point to something you did or helped do and say "that changed the game"

Note: I am not saying go to agro, I am saying play smart. A game changing play can be as simple as living in a team fight that your team lost really bad. This in itself might not change the game but it can prevent the enemy team from winning and is a small game changer. A large game changer would be obviously something like a solid baron steal (especially if you live). Landing an ult just right to cripple the enemy team etc.

In my last 4 times playing (not games but log ins), I can point to 4 times where i personally changed the pace of the game through my actions by myself. Even more game changers with my team.

SchuyWeaves

04-05-2013

bump

88 Angry Turtles

04-05-2013

play a champ with a strong early/mid game and **** on ur lane. then **** on the other lanes. watch the other team rage at eachother and surrender.

Pudding Sundae

04-05-2013

Ok, thx guys. Thx for the free bump Schuy and I will try to keep and use that mindset effectively. And I guess I should brush up on my Kat and Akali for roaming purposes and Lux's redic popularity.

Sky of Smiles

04-05-2013

Play mid or adc and play them well. Do not let other's mistakes/bad decisions affect your judgment and mentality in doing what you believe would be the better decision to make.

That was how I got out and I main'd support role... I think that tells you all you need to know about how bad adc/mids can be in Silver...

I don't like to blame others for a lost, but OMG WTF. Some players are just so bad and when you try to follow/back them up on anything you know you shouldn't do, you just end up hurting yourself... Sadly, you don't really have much of a choice, but to do that when you play support.

tl;dr: don't play support

Kirballs1

04-05-2013

Grind it out,it' all about playing a lot.