Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Game][Critical] Lissandra's E Teleport Relocates Player Beyond Intended Skill-Range

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bethiriam

04-05-2013

[Game][Critical] Lissandra's E Teleport Relocates Player Beyond Intended Skill-Range

Bug:

Quote:
When avoiding obstacle collision, Lissandra's 2nd of Activation of Glacial Path [E] can relocate the champion beyond the intended Max Skill-Range.

Steps to Recreate:
Quote:
1. Start a game with Lissandra in Crystal Scar (You will Want Max CDR and Max [E] for repeated testing).
2. (At this point it is recommended you watch the attached videos so you get an idea of what you’re trying to do.)
3. Walk 2/3rd’s down the bottom flight of stairs, keeping Lissandra close to the center island/gap.
4. Try to aim Lissandra’s Glacial Path towards the Lane, over the impassable terrain. Note, visually, to what point she can teleport while the Lane is in range of her spell.
5. Now, aim the spell further towards the top; attempting to cross impassable, make sure the spell is aimed far enough that the range ends within the impassable terrain.
6. Activate Glacial Path and wait for the Claw to reach the end of its Trajectory.
7. Immediately, Re-Activate Glacial Path, to produce a teleport.
8. Note that although you aimed to end in impassable terrain, you did not.
9. Note also that, by aiming the spell further up, within impassible terrain, you have teleported beyond the spell’s intended-range(which you determined in Step 4).

Visual Aid:
Quote:
PDF with Required Images: Puush (http://puu.sh/2utBB)
Alternate Download Link: Dropbox (https://www.dropbox.com/s/8eu0b6570c9793i/Report%20by%20Bethiriam.pdf)

Video of Bug Recreation/Performance: Youtube

Video of Possible Bug Exploits: Youtube 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ3WeOIWyIg&feature=youtu.be) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfnesoWk0Ao&feature=youtu.be)

Edit:
This is a Bug that's difficult to portray through words and images, but easier to get a feel for.
The images may not seem all that shocking, but the bug can provide some interesting effects. Try and think of it like Blitzcrank throwing his Rocket Punch, except if the skill at first doesn't reach the enemy, it gets a Secondary Burst of Speed, that breaks the intended distance-limit. Successfully catching enemies outside his skill's range.

Bethiriam

04-05-2013

Bump for update.

Can anyone confirm?

Ansaa

04-05-2013

Well, its just like Kassadin's Riftwalk: This isn't a skillshot we're talking about: A champion HAS to move somewhere, so they are placed in whatever pathable location is closest.

I don't think this is a bug, because like I said Kassadin's Teleport does the same thing.

example1013

04-05-2013

this is the case for most blinks, including flash. You can still flash over pretty much any wall as long as you do it right.

Thugzook

04-05-2013

This is definitely NOT a critical error. It is not gamebreaking, a cheat, or gives anyone a great advantage.

Bethiriam

04-05-2013

The relocation-algorithm still seems to be buggy, though.

Shouldn't it relocate to the closest point within the Skill's Cast range? (If it were doing the Player's job at landing the skill-shot)

Or in the case the teleport(second Glacial Path) is activated whilst the claw is in impassable Terrain, simply re-route the teleport to the champion's original location, and deem it a skill-shot failure. (I think this is already implemented with Flash, in the case you try Flashing over a wall that is too wide/thick)

I called it [Critical] because you can reach some really weird places with this, and it opens up for strategies that were most likely not intended with a champion such as Lissandra. I was going to categorize it [Major] but since it can break Twisted Treeline Gameplay, the harsher tag seemed to fit best.

Could someone confirm if it does reach outside its range?

RobertBologna

04-05-2013

It is similar to zac's jump, it will relocate to the nearest possible location, closest to the intended target.

Amelie

04-05-2013

I don't think it's a bug that her jump functions the way it does (the same thing works with flash and other blinks, and is similar to placing wards over thick walls).

However, I don't think Riot wanted champs to be able to jump directly to the nexus on the Twisted Treeline map, so that probably needs to be looked at...

Bethiriam

04-05-2013

Quote:
Amelie:
However, I don't think Riot wanted champs to be able to jump directly to the nexus on the Twisted Treeline map, so that probably needs to be looked at...

Thank you for watching the video. +1 from me, for the effort.

Edit:
Quote:
Amelie:
I don't think it's a bug that her jump functions the way it does (the same thing works with flash and other blinks, and is similar to placing wards over thick walls).

I'm not sure if it works differently from others like flash, or blinks. However, regardless, the way the game is relocation champions right now, seem to be allowing for unfair-usage of the skills. That is, the algorithm that relocates for Glacial Path whether it's the same as other blinks or not, sometimes allows for relocation beyond the skill's intended range.

That is what I'm bringing to the table.

Can anyone confirm whether it's part of how the game relocates champions or not, if Lissandra's Glacial Path [E] allows her to Teleport beyond her skill's Max-Range?

who am i again

04-05-2013

This doesnt break TT at all. Few other champs can jump over that walls. Kass can do it for example

One thing did spring to mind when reading this though. On Crystal Scar, if you play as thresh and stand in your spawn, you can throw your lantern out to the lane although its like 1.5 times longer than your maximum range