Small Lich Bane Change

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kandehbar

04-05-2013

Lich Bane
75 Ability Power
300 Mana
15% Cooldown Reduction
5% Movement Speed

Passive: Unique – Spellblade: After using an ability, your next basic attack deals bonus magic damage equal to 50 + 80% of your ability power. 2 second cooldown.

Sheen + Fiendish Codex

Before the change Lich bane used to be a more plump item. Granted they lowered the price a bit and made it a little bit stronger early game, it still doesn't change the fact that the item feel a bit less complete. With some thinking I've come to the conclusion that CDR would be the most synergetic to add to lich bane without causing it to change drastically or without causing it to become to powerful. Please post if you view and thank you for reading

DeusExFides

04-05-2013

I like this idea, I picture it being top notch for characters like Twister Fate, Diana, Kassadin, and even Gragas!

TheRottenCrow

04-05-2013

this might be the most logical change to an item ive heard on this board in quite some time! you sir have earned my vote.

Irelia Bot

04-05-2013

I like the general idea but I will suggest a couple Changes.

Sheen(1200) + Fiendish Codex(820) + Amplifying Tome(435) + (645) = Lich Bane (3100)
80 AP
300 Mana
10% CDR (this would go with DFG and Morellonomicon/Athene's for 40%)
5% MS
Unique Passive - Spellbalde: 50 + 80% of your ability power on next AA after using an ability 2 second CD

The only real changes that seems to make since is a slightly higher price and to make the CDR 10% so it fits better with other items.

Dragoon14th

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-07-2013

only problem i have with this item that it need to least just Add the damg mod to ATTACK damg because ap burst champ are getting redicously. just the other day i fully build a MR HP cho against a Fizz with this item and Maigc pen ........ I was melted before my eyes. Again it need to be reverted to ADD to Attack damg not continue doing magic damg. another defense to my argument. Is that AP caster can burst alot of champ so quick with DFG lichbane Deathcap Magic pen item. and with the recent Buff to morelonomicon to reduce healing at 40% you cant tank against these anymore.

Riot TONE DOWN THE AP ITEMs or better yet Place a toggle on lichbane to be turn on to drain mana when you use it. Its a free Veigar ult melee/range item

Another argument that you had against tanks was FON soooo what you do removed it and left morelloicon op item now there no counter for tank against this.

Irelia Bot

04-07-2013

^ I stopped reading at "just the other day"

Lich bane is ideal mainly for assassins like Akali and Fizz and even say LeBlanc who are suppose to bust down a target with limited health or MR, you need both stats to make it ineffective.

All of these champs are not really effective unless they get a few kills.

Deny them kills, deny them being useful.

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-09-2013

I could see this happening.

Lich Bane builds typically want to incorporate high CDR anyway, so why not tie it in?

I personally like the item on Veigar: it essentially gives him an extra Baleful Strike, and his ability to farm AP makes a good synergy.

EDIT: It may be a bit strong in competition with the other CDR items, maybe lower the CDR to 10% so Morello's and Athene's aren't useless in comparison.