Inventory like an RPG?

Yes 3 21.43%
No 11 78.57%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

New Inventory Idea

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vhaegor

04-05-2013

Why not try something like in most rpgs games, you can get one boots, one pants, one chest, one helm, two weapons/shields, and maybe one gauntlets but those could be mixed with weapons/shields.

It seems logical in that champions can't hold 6 swords, it would make champions have to build different items but Riot would of course have to add more items so theres AD, AP, Armor, MR etc items for each slot.

Like for ADC's they would have to decide which slot they would put their Defensive item because they would need to give up one of the offensive ones that can only be in certain slots.

I think it would bring new items into the game and increase build options for champions. So what do you think? cool item?

Leave your comments down below, maybe you even have a cool idea of yourself.

awkwardbowman

04-05-2013

A valiant attempt to introduce a new idea, but you do realize the massive overhaul of the current item system this would entail... right?

Boot

04-05-2013

akward, theres no need to downvote every post. Just give constructive feedback and move on. This guy had an idea, no need to crush it with downvotes.

Good Sir Troll

04-05-2013

I would say no, since you would have to reduce the choice of the inventory you chose, give bigger value to armor/damage stat and also boost the gold value of these said item.

Overall it would end up being a completed rework of all items, and meta... not a simple re-work... a complete remake of the itemization system as we know it.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sex View Post
akward, theres no need to downvote every post. Just give constructive feedback and move on. This guy had an idea, no need to crush it with downvotes.
Because him posting in a thread means he HAD to be the one that downvoted. /sarcasm

On topic, MOBAs are not traditional RPGs and thus do not follow the rules of such games. This game would not benefit from such a change.

awkwardbowman

04-05-2013

I'm one of seven no votes. I gave a valid reason why it wouldn't work. I mentioned it was a decent idea, but would be nearly impossible to implement without reworking the entire game. What did I do wrong Sexy? You mad cause I said no to your idea too?

Quepha

04-06-2013

i don't even think it's a good idea. it would require many, many more items so that players would have situational choices during games, otherwise you'd know exactly what your optimal build was and the only real question is what order to build it.

it also destroys the item combining system, you'd need all the components of an item to be from the same slot.

67chrome

04-06-2013

So basically take away the unique itemization LoL shares with a select few other games (mainly Warcraft 3 and the AoS maps/games DotA, HoN, and LoL) - and change it to exactly the same type of inventory system as essentially all other RPGs?

That's not a new inventory idea.

And considering the current state of things in LoL, that's not likey to happen ever - as overhauling the current system would likely bring more headaches and problems than it would allow for solutions.