Who exactly has Lissandra been murdering to stay in power?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HamburgerTime

04-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom Puppy View Post
You're assuming quite a few things here. For example the last thing you said
about the polearm. At no point is there any reason to believe that that was actually Lissandra. Did it make sense in the context we were given? Yes. Does that make it inherently the correct answer? Of course not. It's theory crafting.
Oh the ice weapon part was more kind of me hoping they add someone who wields it eventually (which i doubt they will). I accept that they killed the original Lissandra concept. But i don't think it's too much of s stretch to assume thee Frost Guard leaders at one time had a third ice relic weapon.The other two heirs of the three sisters each have one. And the only thing we knew about the old Lissandra (who we now know was the ice witch all along) was she was blonde and carrying a giant Ice weapon.

OriginalA

04-07-2013

I think Lissandra's method for taking over identities is identical to Leblanc's method for taking over new bodies. The difference merely being that Leblanc changes the body's identity into Leblanc and Lissandra changes her identity to match the body.

We know that Mauvel was found to have died from seemingly natural causes. That means that Lissandra left Mauvel's body behind. We know that the heir Lissandra is the current public identity of the Ice Witch Lissandra, a naming trick that she arranged for herself while she was still Mauvel. We also know she doesn't change identities until the current one is old and useless... just like we saw Leblanc in Leblanc's Judgement when Evain became the next Leblanc.

I think Lissandra suppresses the personality of the body that she inhabits, and I think Leblanc did the same thing with Jarvan's body once.

Fomorian27

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mod Aure View Post
How does it not make sense? It does to me. Liss murders the future heirs and takes over their identity. How is currently unknown, and may be revealed later.

We simply don't know a lot about the process. In fact we don't know a lot of other stuff too - how Twisted Fate gained his powers (specifics), what Vayne's goal is for joining the League....

We know the general layout of Ice Witch Liss's plot, but details are left out. It still makes sense though. Liss kills the next heir, which might be either her daughter or a random-o chosen from the tribe if that's how they run things there.

It's not a plot hole because it doesn't conflict with other lore.
It's a plot hole because if she has been the queen for the frostguard for centuries, SHE is the queen, and HER lineage are the heirs. Assuming she doesn't have any children, who has been killing? Has she kept the original bloodline alive in a room somewhere, and killing them and assuming their identity? Why even bother? Why not just changing her appearance and saying "this is what the heir looks like- end of story." No need to keep the heirs alive in a room somewhere because by now no one knows what they look like.

OriginalA

04-07-2013

Why would you instantly assume that she doesn't kill off her own lineage?

I've been operating under the assumption that that is exactly what she has been doing.

MasqureMan

04-08-2013

My interpretation is that she's just been killing off the actual people and then using magic to look like them, no body snatching involved. We never hear about her significant other, so it's difficult to imply she is killing off her own children.

Mutterscrawl

04-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiffmeisterZ View Post
If she has been the leader for generations, and the leadership is based on bloodline, it would follow that her child would be the next leader, right?

Is she just constantly having kids and killing them?
Where's it said that the leadership is based on bloodline?

Solzan Nemesis

04-08-2013

I am thinking she kills off her kids.

Kaemdar

04-08-2013

It doesn't neccisarily have to be her offspring directly.

lets compare to the english royal family say lissandra starts of by killing and assuming the identity of the current queen elizabeth she's already got two generations of future 'children' to kill off to remain in power, the third is already on the way and none of it requires lissandra to give birth.