The New Lore and Our Fanfiction

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CapriciousRage

04-04-2013

So, I'm guessing you've heard about the new champion Lissandra and of the other reworks that have basically changed all of Freljord canon. So, I just want to hear other people's thoughts. How much are you going to allow this to affect your current fanfics?

I haven't posted anything on here yet, but have started working on what I had hoped to be a very extensive and well thought out fanfction. I had wanted to challenge myself by creating a fanfic that would at least partly explore political aspects of plot, and now I can easily say that the changes in lore that have been released have thrown the political aspects of my fic to the wind. I needed Freljord to be a more stable area of Valoran . I counted Ashe's old string of alliances as a more dominating force than Sejuani's rebellion, and needed her to be able to gain large amounts of power very quickly. With the new lore that's no longer an option.

So, I was just wondering, are you guys going to adapt your currently running fanfics, or even fics that you still have just in the planning phases, to this new lore?

KobuZero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-05-2013

Did they mess with Ashe's lore at all? If so then I have a real problem lol.

ElderCheese

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-05-2013

No I don't think they touched Ashe though I only glanced over the new lore mostly. I then to just pick and choose Lore when changes effect me and this one doesn't effect my current work. I have to say I was sad they changed trundle it felt pointless to me and his new lore makes him kind of a jerk instead of a savior. I may just ignore his change if it comes up

Cerubois

04-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KobuZero View Post
Did they mess with Ashe's lore at all? If so then I have a real problem lol.
They did, a lot, albeit indirectly. With the way things are going, they'll probably make direct changes soon.

Ashe's success at uniting Freljord has just been rewritten as having serious issues. Apparently she didn't accomplish much at all, and she's got a serious threat from Sejuani, and, for some reason, Volibear.

On another side is now Lissandra, who's supposed to be an ancient ice-being that wants to freeze over the world, and has only been using Ashe to get what she wants.

So Ashe has gone from an amazing success story to a wishful thinker. They haven't touched her bio yet, but I imagine they'll have to, now that Freljord is in chaos.

Ark Angel HFB

04-05-2013

>_> they really mis stepped a lot...

Trundle got gutted... Nunu should have been the one in the place of trundle... Anivia hasn't been mentioned ether

ElderCheese

04-05-2013

Oh man your right... And I thought trundle being a dick now was the worse of it. Wait volibear doesn't like Ashe? Honesty who cares about anivia it's not like she is anyone's all time favorite champions and the first 6300 champ they bout even though his friends said he would never be able to use her! I mean... Generally speaking

Ark Angel HFB

04-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElderCheese View Post
Oh man your right... And I thought trundle being a dick now was the worse of it. Wait volibear doesn't like Ashe? Honesty who cares about anivia it's not like she is anyone's all time favorite champions and the first 6300 champ they bout even though his friends said he would never be able to use her! I mean... Generally speaking
What really makes me mad is that Trundle could have been brought into this northern conflict while still respecting his lore... Why not have him get word that there was another troll tribe in the north with the same sickness as his people had. He traveled there to connect with them but found that the cold had done something to counteract the sickness leaving all of the benefits without any of the draw backs.

Trundle, due to having taken all of the sickness form his own people proved to be the strongest among even the new trolls and seeking the feeling of acceptance he had given up on with his own people, set out to lead his new people to a better life.

However there was a legend in the village that only a troll with an artifact of magical ice could lead the troll. the current chief held a magical ring of ice and would not give trundle the ice ring so trundle set out to find an ice artifact of his own.

Then you add in some stuff with the which queen and BAAAAMMM... old trundle lore isn't killed off and you get a growing continuing character with great continuity...

Rekhyt26

04-05-2013

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wik...dle/Background
Check out Trundle's judgement at the bottom of that page. Trundle was sort of a dick anyway, though justifiably.

Eyowyn

04-05-2013

I plan to use the new lore xD

OMGdonteatme

04-07-2013

Trundle – The Twice Cursed Troll
Generations ago, a twisted necromancer known as Hakolin the Bronecrafter attempted to enslave a tribe of trolls known as the Rughosk. These trolls are considerably more genteel than their ill-mannered brethren, although still uncouth by human standards. The Rughosk fought tooth and claw againt the necromancer, ultimately driving him from their land. As a parting gift, Hakolin afflicted the trolls with a leprous disease, forever cursing the tribe. Caught forever in a hideous rotting state, the Ruhgosk endured their curse while desperately in search for a cure. They never found one.

A wise Rohgosk shaman learned that he could magically bind the disease to a single troll. Provided that the troll could bear the weight of the entire tribes cure upon himself. There was no such troll, until the birth of Trundle. His ability to regenerate was so profound that it appeared as if he did not carry the disease. When he came of age, he took the curse from his tribe in a baptism of searing agony. Through the ritual, Trundle became a horrifying creature whose flash constantly sloughs off his body, only to be re-grown on an unremitting cycle.

In search for a cure for himself Trundle ventured north. Eventually he came across a tribe known as the Frostguard hearing stories of the victories over evil. Seeking guidance with their leader, Lissandra fixed the curse with a spell of her own by encasing Trundle with a new skin of ice. Unfortunately this came with a price. Returning home, Trundle un-intentionally released a new curse on to his tribe. In search of finding a cure for his tribe, Trundle takes his role as a Champion in the League of Legends.

Thumbs up if you think this should be trundles new lore instead of the troll king