I just realized why Trundle needed a lore change.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skyhawke

04-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astaare
He didn't seem arrogant or dismissive to me
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItemsGuy View Post
Combating your intentionally bad points isn't worth the pain it causes my fingers and the time it wastes.
[/I])
Really Astaare?

Fanboys gonna fanboy.

EDIT: And here come the downvotes. You guys are so predictable.

Reybag

04-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyhawke View Post
Really Astaare?

Fanboys gonna fanboy.

i think the best will be if you present you arguments ,after all that why this topic is here,to discus

Vongeo

04-10-2013

IS trundle dead? I've given up the good fight and just decided to lose faith in the riot's lore team.

deusxmachina32

04-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyhawke View Post
Really Astaare?

Fanboys gonna fanboy.

The upvote down vote system is, I believe, meant to show agreement or disagreement. You come to this thread full of pages upon pages of people arguing that this update is a mistake, insult us, and expect any difference? Really?

If your taking upvotes and downvotes as anything more serious than that you should reevaluate why you post and where you post.

TheLastBaron88

04-10-2013

Riot's lore team does seem to be inexcusably awful at what they do. Is it some sort of ego thing for them, that they have to un-write everything ever established by the previous lore team before they can actually do anything decent of their own? I liked the old League-centric lore a lot better than these detached cookie cutter bios which go so far out of their way to be intentionally vague regarding relationships between other characters. The new lore direction is generic and uninteresting, imo. Noxus vs Ionia grudge match was awesome. Why does nothing like that ever happen anymore?
Maybe, MAYBE we will see something like that with the freljord conflict, but I'm not holding my breath. Current lore team has already brought me too much disappointment.

Holy Malevolence

04-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItemsGuy View Post
(Fun Fact: I'm taking on a tone in this post deliberately--you have two moves here: retort with "you're being a jerk!" and create a momentary back-and-forth of sh*t-flinging, or take the highroad and high-tail it out of here. It's tough, because the easiest way to feel like you've "won" is by "telling me what's what"!)
But being a jerk isn't a bad thing.
If it was Zero Punctuation wouldn't be going on.

DONGCART

04-10-2013

Whoa, Kitae wrote for Mass Effect? I didn't know that.

Reybag

04-10-2013

they could at least change the new troll name to another one,and maeby one day give us back trundle ,not necessary as he is now (the curse ,falling skin) but at least with his body tipe ,his animations ,his way to be.
i think the main uglyness riot think people dislike it come from his rotting skin because of the curse.so maeby they could make the curse to be different ( retaining the loneliness ,which is trundle real curse since he was born) or not having a curse but still having the loneliness and rest aspect of his story (bullying etc)

AmanteSC

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-10-2013

While I see the rationale behind some of the visual and lore changes, it still doesn't change the fact that some people liked him the way he was, as small as that contingent may have been.

The game has over a hundred champions at this point . . . is it really the end of the world if a FEW of them have niche appeal, whether it's in gameplay (Karma) or lore/aesthetics (Trundle)? Trying to be everything to everyone tends not to work as well as you'd think.

Skyhawke

04-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by deusxmachina32 View Post
The upvote down vote system is, I believe, meant to show agreement or disagreement. You come to this thread full of pages upon pages of people arguing that this update is a mistake, insult us, and expect any difference? Really?

If your taking upvotes and downvotes as anything more serious than that you should reevaluate why you post and where you post.
I'm not sure how long you've been following this thread, but I came into this thread (despite what ItemsGuy says) arguing that the update is a mistake. In fact, my first statements said I agreed with the points he has made. And I didn't insult you. I was pointing out that ItemsGuy was clearly being exactly what I quoted.

If you think he's a genius or awesome that's fine, but you can't tell me he isn't condescending and abrasive.

And ItemsGuy, I will continue to take the high road. I mentioned in BestBilbo's megathread about champion designs that I wished you the best with college and with making your own game, after explaining that I was still ticked off about the way you treated people on the player concepts board. It seemed like you had started to take a turn for the better, and I gave you the benefit of the doubt. In this thread I've complimented you as well. I hold by my stance that I think you've got some great ideas, but that you don't need to be rude to express them.

I'll probably leave this thread for now until we get another response from Riot. I think the discussion has run it's course at this point.