Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Change to last hit gold popup behavior

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Loki

Associate QA Analyst

04-04-2013

Hello summoners,

We’ve made an improvement to the gold popup for last hits. Previously if you got a last hit against a target you couldn’t see due to things like fog of war or stealth you wouldn’t see the gold popup for the last hit. Now when this happens you will get one above your character.

This should also fix the bug where Pulsefire Ezreal would occasionally not see gold popups for some of his last hits on targets in plain view.

Feel free to post your feedback on this change or any issues that you see.

PanzerZero

04-04-2013

Ohhhh so the PFE gold vision was a known issue. I merely thought it was server lag, or that I somehow kept missing. Can't wait to test it (if the queue time will allow).

Whitewind617

04-04-2013

Thank GOD. Why does this happen for PFE Ez though? Was he somehow losing vision of the creeps he was hitting, maybe because of his vaporize effect?

Jopika

04-04-2013

I'll be hopping on to check this out. I always had the problem of not being able to see how much gold I get for killing that wraith with my Nidalee Spear.

RichardMcNixon

04-04-2013

yay! You guys rock~ Testing to come.

Talith PA

04-04-2013

Quote:
The Loki:
Pulsefire Ezreal would occasionally not see gold popups for some of his last hits on targets in plain view.

Finaaaaaaaally

Wiksy

Associate Software Engineer

04-04-2013

Quote:
Whitewind617:
Thank GOD. Why does this happen for PFE Ez though? Was he somehow losing vision of the creeps he was hitting, maybe because of his vaporize effect?

His script sets units he kill to not render (not invisible, just doesn't show up) and then play the vaporize effect on them. Previously if the unit doesn't render on the client, the +gold message will be discarded even if you have vision on it. Now they will still show up. (The change is that since the player client is receiving the +gold message from the server, it should never discard that message.)

Urfman

04-04-2013

ty

Neko tan

04-05-2013

Random question: Why do some skills show hits in fog of war while some don't?

Morgana binding makes a sound, lux binding does not (I'm not sure if you can see the opacity change in the fog if it does hit someone though)

Nidalee spear makes a sound, ezreal Q makes a sound... Blitz hook doesn't make a sound, thresh hook does...

What makes you decide what makes a sound and what doesn't?

knivesoutt

04-05-2013

Quote:
Angst:
Random question: Why do some skills show hits in fog of war while some don't?

Morgana binding makes a sound, lux binding does not (I'm not sure if you can see the opacity change in the fog if it does hit someone though)

Nidalee spear makes a sound, ezreal Q makes a sound... Blitz hook doesn't make a sound, thresh hook does...

What makes you decide what makes a sound and what doesn't?

Actually Lux binding plays a sound if you hit the 2nd taget in the fog or not, it's something