Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The difference between Blackfrost Anivia's E and AA greatly affects her strategy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KiyoSpirit

04-07-2013

Quote:
Kanderas:
OMG something about the usage of the word "telegraph" in that sentence made spill my drink in fits of laughter. Perhaps its the anachronism, or the image it invoked of Kha'Zix sitting at a telegraph trying to input a warning messge with his humongous claws.

For someone who didn't like it when this thread was bumped.....

Kanderas

04-07-2013

I didn't like that it was gratuitously bumped when it was only 3rd on the list. It's not the same thing.

KiyoSpirit

04-07-2013

Quote:
Kanderas:
I didn't like that it was gratuitously bumped when it was only 3rd on the list. It's not the same thing.

I like gratuitous bumps. It's unfortunate that you don't.

Bump.

Wizerdlol

04-08-2013

I main anivia...
I am planning to buy the skin...
I don't usually (never) e then r...
I didn't notice what OC was talking about until I read it...

I feel ashamed...

KiyoSpirit

04-08-2013

Quote:
Wizerdlol:
I main anivia...
I am planning to buy the skin...
I don't usually (never) e then r...
I didn't notice what OC was talking about until I read it...

I feel ashamed...

Well, at least you know now. XD

RubenatorX

Recruiter

04-08-2013

Quote:
CertainlyT:
Thanks for the feedback. I'll speak with the animators about fixing the base model's non-communicative animations.

I agree with CertainlyT. You are basically pointing out an issue that a
Anivia has had for a long time. I'm sure she was not designed to have a deceptive E animation. While I understand why it's nice to have as an Anivia player, its simply frustrating to play against. It is just as important that a champion be fun to play against as it is to play.

KiyoSpirit

04-08-2013

As long as they fix her AA animations as well, then fine. :/

Phallicies

04-09-2013

I mained anivia for the longest time, and honestly how her AA animations and e were simlar/different from new skin never bothered me. a lot of champions have "give aways" when theyre about to use an ability, its not like they can dodge the e once its been cast, they might shield a tad bit sooner(if they notice) but really? why are you making this a big deal?

TheBakerman

04-09-2013

Quote:
Phallicies:
I mained anivia for the longest time, and honestly how her AA animations and e were simlar/different from new skin never bothered me. a lot of champions have "give aways" when theyre about to use an ability, its not like they can dodge the e once its been cast, they might shield a tad bit sooner(if they notice) but really? why are you making this a big deal?

Pretty sure the idea was that they wouldn't notice the incoming E until you have already planted them in the middle of your ultimate. With some characters if you notice it fast enough you can move out of the ultimate and only take the standard damage instead of double damage with frost.

TheBakerman

04-09-2013

Quote:
Rezerection:
What about Mecha Kha'zix vs regular Kha'zix?? Mecha telegraphs to his enemies that he's gonna get the isolated bonus on them with a big flashing "warning!", and regular kha'zix doesn't show anything

Quote:
KiyoSpirit:
I was playing Kha'Zix the other day and was actually wondering about this.

As this is something that does bother me as well I have made a comparison of the two animations,you'll notice the increased visibility of the isolated bonus indicator on Mecha Kha'zix is quite considerable.