I have a feeling Riot regrets ever touching Trundle and Karma.

1234511 ... 13
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Regina George

04-04-2013

Seeing how almost all of the feedback about them is negative, and how Riot has been so quiet about them, kinda makes me feel iffy. I know they worked hard on this, seeing such passionate, negative feedback must be difficult.

On one side, Trundle and Karma we're the unpopular kids in Runeterra. They also had "flaws" in their design that had to be changed to create a more cohesive champion. But the problem is, even if they are "unpopular", people already got attached to them and even the ones who didn't play them, already knew what they can do/ got used to them already.

Now that Karma has been re-released, you can't even tell that they were the same champion (I guess that was the goal?) but you really can't blame people who dislike the final product. It seems Trundle is slowly going in this direction too.

Sejuani is a bit more successful I guess, while a lot of people did not like the bikini (cause logic in a fantasy game!) I did enjoy it, at least there's a traditional skin for her, I still don't like her new base model though, but I can deal with it.

TLDR: I just don't want Riot to regret the amount of work they put into Karma and Trundle. Maybe they could gather all the criticism about them and then reconsider their paths. I really think new Karma is a snoozefest and while I do not play Trundle, I understand the reaction about him.

Fenstick

04-04-2013

Vocal Minority doesn't like it, Silent Majority is fine with it.

Holy Malevolence

04-04-2013

Normally, I'd care.

Though in this case, damn right they should.

Fathomful

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-04-2013

No matter what extent it is considered successful or not at least they are trying, you have to love the intent.

When so many online games are pointed at just revenue generation, spending resources to revamp champs that every person either already owns, or could purchase very cheaply is a really cool thing.

People will always resist change, but at least they are trying something rather than just leaving some of these champs as troll picks that you never see.

ReLLik5150

04-04-2013

That's cause the vocal minority are the people that actually took the time to understand the champ in the first place and know how to use them.

Avedecus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-04-2013

I doubt it. The controversy alone probably resulted in more sales of both champs than they had seen before.

slifer556

04-04-2013

Well Karma needed buffs, so Riot buffed her, but then they decided to compensate, so they removed some of her old kit. So as a result we still have an underwhelming champion.

Nhero

04-04-2013

I never once seen anyone really complain about Sejuani this entire time.

wtvdd

04-04-2013

They changed because it was necessary, not to please annoying hipsters.

Holy Malevolence

04-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezrreal View Post
I never once seen anyone really complain about Sejuani this entire time.
I have.
Mostly about the stomping on Kevin Tuggles' head.

Overall, I feel that's what a visual update should be. Keep the theme of the champion while making it look better.
Karma's kit change was a little off, and everything about Trundle was bad.

1234511 ... 13