Yes, but only Glyphs. 7 9.72%
Yes, but only Seals. 5 6.94%
Yes, but only Marks. 5 6.94%
Yes, but only Quints 3 4.17%
Yes, I would like to see a rework of ALL Runes. 19 26.39%
Yes, I would like to see a rework of SOME Runes. 37 51.39%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Reworking Runes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XavierI994

04-04-2013

Hello summoners,

I recently reviewed the runes that are said to be "viable", according to http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Rune, and I simply do not agree. In my opinion, the only runes that are viable are the ones used most often (particularly when it comes to glyphs). I feel that there are only 3 or 4 glyphs that are viable, those being: flat magic resist, scaling magic resist, flat AP, and scaling AP. I personally have not seen any glyphs used aside from these 4 and feel that it is kind of stupid that so many runes exist if only a small number of each type are ever used. I would like to use glyphs aside from these 4, but the other glyphs have such little effect on my game play that they are utterly useless to me (ex: cool down reduction glyphs). It would be nice if some runes were to be buffed so that more rune page builds were to be viable. There are many comments below that are pretty similar to this.

Thank you for your time reading this and if you could give me a response in regards to my suggestion above, it would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I have posted this thread in this section of the Forum because I could not find an appropriate location to post this discussion.
P.S.S. Make sure to vote if you don't, or even if you do, leave a comment!
P.S.S.S. http://www.memecreator.org/meme/i-want-you-to-vote
P.S.S.S.S. I have decided to update my Dear Riot letter every time this thread gets another 1000 views.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Riot,
As of right now, 5/15/2013, the conscious of those of us (the summoners) who have voted is that at least some runes be tweaked. The rate of dissatisfaction with the current runes is 87.23%. My current suggestions are as follows: (1) lower the prices of tier 1 and tier 2 runes, (2) make some more runes of each type viable (and by no means am i suggesting by this that you make all runes of all types viable), and (3) remove runes that are not used. It would also be nice to get a response to your take on this thread; any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Warmly,
XavierI994

awkwardbowman

04-04-2013

As various things change, such as items, champs, pen calculations, etc. the meta and the viability of different things change as well. No need to change the rune. The viable ones just reflect what is most important in early game/late game.

XavierI994

XavierI994

XavierI994

04-05-2013

Please remember to vote!

I see a lot of views on this, but only a few votes!

XavierI994

Gulma

04-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by awkwardbowman View Post
As various things change, such as items, champs, pen calculations, etc. the meta and the viability of different things change as well. No need to change the rune. The viable ones just reflect what is most important in early game/late game.

So...which runes changed from season 2 and 3? As far as I can tell the same runes are being used.

RockJockey

04-09-2013

Bump

Oz SammyD X

04-09-2013

Runes are fine the way they are stop complaining jeez......

WildEyolf

04-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oz SammyD X View Post
Runes are fine the way they are stop complaining jeez......
Why don't you check out my calculations then showing that Armor Penetration Runes are literally worthless against AD runes.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...7#post36552607