Leaverbuster.. lol

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

nocluelol

04-04-2013

The thing about the leavebuster system is it doesn't account for real life occurences. Like the first comment stated above,in summary, if you gotta go you gotta go. But besides that people have jobs and uphold certain responsibilites so interruptions are likely to occur. Usually when a player sits down to play he/she has a goal to play a couple to a handful of games. As we know these games take time. As play time increases the chance of interruptions also increases. Currently I have a three day ban, the reason was not because im a rage quitter or anything to that nature. I had a few issues regarding internet connectivity and few personal issues (like a pipe bursting and water everywhere!). In the games that I went idle(>5min) or got disconnected I was able to return and aid my team in victory. Following the game i recieved the ban. Now if a force that is outside my control interfered and interrupted me, I am going to get penalized? I dont see how thats fair. Honestly I think roit was very linear on thier thought process. Things happen in real life that are more important than a video game (unfortunately). I dont find it fair that their is a ban based on leaving or idling in a game. These things come up, me and any other player shouldn't get penalized for that. I can completely understand this concept in Ranked, but Normal PvP and Bot matches I think the restrictions should be more lax or somthing. Possibly defer to fellow players rather than an automated system?

Dan Klein

04-04-2013

You have to leave A LOT of your games to get busted by leaver buster. So, if your real life is making you leave a huge amount of your games, you need to stop playing the game and figure out your real life problems. You saying you got banned for leaving once is a lie, and we both know it.

KawaiiObiyoSama

04-04-2013

The thing is if u dont have time, then dont play. thats very simple.

nocluelol

04-04-2013

That's not the point of this thread, I am very good at time management and I do have the allocated time to play. If you actually read the thread and thought about it rather than defaulting to the old "be more dedicated excuse." I have time to play 3-4 hours at a time but within those hours something does happen to come up. The accusation that I leave a lot of my games is false, I left two when I started playing the game and then became aware of the system. From that point I haven't left a game unless it was due to an incident that must have been taken care of then and now or connectivity issues. I was able to join back in and help the team with the win. Blaming me for my "real life problems" that I have no control over is a shallow and dismissive perspective. Also as I stated in the thread, as time progresses the chance for interruption increases as well. I just think the leaversystem should be discussed or analyzed. There is no need to criticize me for my playing habits, I am just trying to discuss my thoughts on the system itself.

Aerothal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-04-2013

why are you posting this on the forums?
if you were unjustly banned contact player support.
They can review and lift the ban if it is warranted.
Leaverbuster is just one small kog in the clockwork when it comes to a ban.

Micalas

04-04-2013

It does account for real life occurences. It gives you pretty good leeway. If you're having "real life occurences" often enough to get leaver banned, then you should probably take care of those things before ruining a game.

ZooYorker

04-04-2013

Tl;dr

Dan Klein

04-04-2013

You're lying. It's fairly simple. I will say this again:

You have to leave a proportionate amount of your games to be busted by leaver buster. If your real life is so stressful that it requires you to walk away from the game that often, you are not balancing your priorities correctly.

Gungho Gun Lion

04-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocluelol View Post
The thing about the leavebuster system is it doesn't account for real life occurences. Like the first comment stated above,in summary, if you gotta go you gotta go. But besides that people have jobs and uphold certain responsibilites so interruptions are likely to occur. Usually when a player sits down to play he/she has a goal to play a couple to a handful of games. As we know these games take time. As play time increases the chance of interruptions also increases. Currently I have a three day ban, the reason was not because im a rage quitter or anything to that nature. I had a few issues regarding internet connectivity and few personal issues (like a pipe bursting and water everywhere!). In the games that I went idle(>5min) or got disconnected I was able to return and aid my team in victory. Following the game i recieved the ban. Now if a force that is outside my control interfered and interrupted me, I am going to get penalized? I dont see how thats fair. Honestly I think roit was very linear on thier thought process. Things happen in real life that are more important than a video game (unfortunately). I dont find it fair that their is a ban based on leaving or idling in a game. These things come up, me and any other player shouldn't get penalized for that. I can completely understand this concept in Ranked, but Normal PvP and Bot matches I think the restrictions should be more lax or somthing. Possibly defer to fellow players rather than an automated system?

dumb

nocluelol

04-04-2013

Im posting this on the forums to discuss the leaverbuster system, not to lift the ban. I just want to discuss peoples thoughts on the system along with my own. I think the Justification of bans should be discussed.