Zilean's Bombs don't interrupt the cap

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bunnle

04-04-2013

Zilean free week! And I have noticed that when you plant a giant bomb on someone's head that does 3.. 2..1 true damage over time before detonating, you'd expect the enemy who is capping the point to at least be slightly phased somewhere along the line.

Considering that is his only damage spell, I consider this a slight oversight by Riot. They don't actually expect him to risk his life and limb by throwing gears at his opponent I hope?

And another Zilean issue: Zilean's bomb disappears when placed on Zac when he dies and divides into 4 blobs. It doesn't explode. It just vanishes. There's no ability in the game that stops Zilean's bomb from exploding, so he shouldn't get away with it either.

Volandum

04-04-2013

I think the gears have about the same range as the bomb actually.

Kiddalee

04-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunnle View Post
And another Zilean issue: Zilean's bomb disappears when placed on Zac when he dies and divides into 4 blobs. It doesn't exploded. It just vanishes. There's no ability in the game that stops Zilean's bomb from exploding, so he shouldn't get away with it either.
Is that intended so Zilean won't auto-counter Zac? Does it work differently for Anivia? Even so, Zac's rebirth chunks are squishier than Anivia's egg so it might be intended to work differently.

MMKH

04-04-2013

I usually just abuse his 600 autoattack range to interrupt captures. Chucking gears at people makes me chuckle.

kavi

04-06-2013

sorry for ressing this if it's dead, but as a zilean player (on occasion) I wanted to chime in.

1. Bomb *placement* interrupts caps. Bomb damage does not. This is very weird but it goes with how the bomb mechanic works in general; ie placing the bomb pops a spell shield but the damage does not.

2. Zac's first death should probably cause the bomb to explode, but Zac is somewhat unique here. In the case of Anivia, the bomb simply transfers to the egg, iirc. You're right, all other "bomb interrupts" simply explode the bomb.

good finds, I hope this gets some attention sometime ^^