Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Infinity Edge is kinda weak

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

migty1joe

Senior Member

04-04-2013

Only 70 ad.. (, even bt have 70 ad.
Or buff his damage to 100 ad or lower price to 3300 -3500 g
or.... give it one more passive: increasing whole ad by %


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Oz SammyD X

Senior Member

04-04-2013

Did you even bother too look at the critical strike and the passive?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

awkwardbowman

Senior Member

04-04-2013

But you ignore their other stats...
BT gives you up to 100 total AD when at full stacks with some lifesteal, but you seem worried only about damage.
IE gives you 70 total AD with 25% crit chance and a crit buff of 50%. If you average 1 crit per 4 hits (25%) then you add another 17.5 damage per hit automatically before the extra crit buff, which brings it to 26.25 extra damage (on average) per hit for a total of essentially 96.25 AD. This is without having to get stacks.
But then if you think about the other damage that you deal (from other AD items, or from extra crit chance from, say, a zeal) the extra damage grows. The bonuses from IE scale off the rest of your AD and your other Crit Chance as well. With you normal base AD by lvl 18 with any ADC, you'll easily get essentially over 100 AD worth of damage when you buy IE.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mendeleyev

Senior Member

04-04-2013

I almost never get than item, mostly because all that damage and crit is great, but what good is it without attack speed and life steal.

It is usually my second to last item.

To be fair though, once I have IE, it is basically right click to win


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JustMyBassCannon

Recruiter

04-04-2013

Quote:
mendeleyev:
I almost never get than item

You almost never build the biggest DPS multiplier in the game? That's a horrible idea.

At most, you might have one or two other pieces like Zeal and Vamp Scepter, but IE is the best damage multiplier for carries. After you have that, each small increase in damage becomes a massive boost because of how effectively IE multiplies DPS.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RockJockey

Senior Member

04-04-2013

JustMyBassCannon

While I understand that getting an IE is the equivalent of getting another half an auto attack on a crit. the equivalent of 2.5 AAs in one AA.

But then one has to consider the cost of this wonderful crit multiplier. For the same cost of an IE, one could buy a BloodThirster, a longsword and have 230 gp left, nearly enough for a Fortitude Potion or half way to another Vamp Scepter.

BloodThirster Route: 135 AD, 20 Lifesteal, and some Health (Max Stacks BT, one Longsword, & Fort Pot)
___Versus___
Infinity Edge Route: 70 AD, 25 Critical Strike Chance, 250% Crit Damage

So in the end, for the same amount of gold, with the BT, I have double the base AD and 20% Lifesteal on top of that. The IE has half the AD with a 25% chance to deal 2.5% damage, and no lifesteal.

If there were two Graves' with exactly 1000 Health, 100 AD and 1.0 AS and using no abilities were to fight each other only using AA's, who would win?

AA1
BT: 235 AD
IE: 170
AA2
BT: 235 AD
IE: 170
AA3
BT: 235 AD
IE: 170
AA4
BT: 235 AD
IE: 425 AD (Bonus Damage due to Critically Strike)

BT: 940 AD, Healed 376
Total Health: 451

IE: 935 AD
Total Health: 60

So here's our answer, Blood Thirster is better than Infinity Edge in both cost efficiency and dealing damage, as well as keeping the bearer alive. While IE has a 25% chance to deal damage, it is entirely possible to not have a single Critical Strike. So for a first pick item between IE and BT, BT wins.

P.S. The combination of both a BT and an IE is great, but BT is a much better first pick.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Llanite

Senior Member

04-04-2013

Added in a phantom dancer.

AA1
BT: 235 AD
IE: 170
AA2
BT: 235 AD
IE: 170
AA3
BT: 235 AD
IE: 425
AA4
BT: 470 AD
IE: 425 AD

BT:1175
IE: 1190

Add in some random 100 AD.
AA1
BT: 335 AD
IE: 270
AA2
BT: 335 AD
IE: 270
AA3
BT: 335 AD
IE: 675
AA4
BT: 670 AD
IE: 675 AD

BT:1675
IE: 1890

Of course BT will get you lifesteal also, but it will be weakened as you die. Plus, if you happen to pull 2 crit at the same times, you would kill the other instantly, thus save some handful health.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mendeleyev

Senior Member

04-05-2013

To get back to my main quote, after being paraphrased, I mean that I buy the item eventually, but the game usually ends before i need it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mendeleyev

Senior Member

04-05-2013

If you rushed IE, your attacks would be too slow to be effective, and you got no lifesteal.

as a second item, you are lacking speed or lifesteal

as a third item, that is when it makes sense, depending on your champion. as twitch, I usually get that hurricane item, then IE.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Quepha

Senior Member

04-05-2013

raw damage per hit is more important than attack speed as you can't always stand still and have to chase enemies. you'll have to run after the first hit no matter what your speed is so you might as well make it count.


123