Tips on climbing ELO/LP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Booty Banger

04-04-2013

I've gone from almost silver down to almost bronze 4 this past month in solo q....and I know it's not me thats the problem because the worst I ever do is 6/?, I normally go 10+/2-5, I grab mid usually all the time and ADC when someone mains support......yet my team NEVER listens and they throw all the games.

Someone PLEASE give me some tips on ways to get out of this hell...I want to play with people that know how to play, I'm so used to playing with my gold elo friends

Platypus King

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-04-2013

Win over 50% of your games. From what I've heard running support in bronze is super effective but I can't be sure since I've not been there. Also I feel your pain, I was in S2 and I've just gone into a nose dive lately.

Booty Banger

04-04-2013

And I know people say help your team, this is why I play mid so I can roam top and bot and get them kills, I never try to take the ganks if they arent on top of their lane Ill let them take it from me to help since I 70% of the time hold mid fine. It's so stressful :'(

Kiesling

04-04-2013

If you legitimately hold mid fine most of the time, and generally play well, this is what you do:

Do.. not.. stop.

I would recommend watching streams of people who do what you do, and do not watch your friends (if they are in bronze too) - you want to internalize the better decisions and make anything bronze players do completely unnormal. Make sure you're well rounded with really knowing what to do after laning phase, when to farm, when to push, when to group, when to fight them, when to take objectives instead, etc.. If you legitimately have a well rounded skill all game, and you win lane 70% of the time and play like a silver 70% of the time, you will get there.

Do not stop playing. It is arduous, but you will get there. 6 months ago I had dropped below 1100 elo - I was crushed. Currently I'm sitting in the top 4-3% (70 lp into Gold III). If you really are better, even by a little, just keep playing.

The system has its flaws, everyone agrees - it can throw you around into weird ranks you don't belong. But statitians are very well versed in what they do, and league and starcraft are following their formulas. Probability becomes reliable with large sample sizes. If you win your particular battles 70% of the time, eventually it will even out to show it (for the most part).

Work at getting better, internalize professional decisions, and do not quit.

You'll get there.

CainRedfield

04-04-2013

Since the S3 League System patch I've slowly climbed from Silver 5 to only 1 win away from Gold status (waiting for brother to get home to duo for it). I've found the best possible way to climb is being positive and not blaming anything on anyone but yourself. If someone on your team starts being toxic NEVER TALK TO THEM AGAIN just mute them and continue on.

I know at times staying positive in league especially in bronze or silver elo seems impossible, but I've found that if you let the trolls and feeders get to you, you'll just nosedive even farther.

Hope my pep talk helps ;P

GarceTV

04-04-2013

personally i was in bronze 3 and now im close to bronze 1. last season i was silver 1300. i dont think that moving down i s bad i think that i helps you learn to be a team player not just a solo player. i find picking top jungle mid or adc is best because if you truly are better you can carry from any of those lanes.

My WIII frozed

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-24-2013

Elo hell doesnt really exist, if you're good, you go up. The thing you call elo hell is just a place where you need +2 instead of +1 if you see what i mean. I know that doesnt help though so:
Pick a small group of champ (mine were Panth/Renek (top is my main) xin/Noc and then supports) I wasnt comfortable midding. Play a couple normal games with them with in head: What must i do to win?. After winning those with a good edge, you should ranked a lot (statistic makes you win). Avoid losing streak and use winning streaks. Snowballing hero are very strong in elo hell, scare people and make em surrender. Having a duo queue partner helps quite a lot. Don't pick a hero you don't know just to counter pick. In elo hell, i'd say mid is best role to carry, in s4 gold, its top for sure. Route to being good ASAP
-Pick champs
-Main em
-Play seriously thinking What must I in order to win?
-Don't throw
-Check streams and guides
-Duo queue
-Shut your toxic mouth and ping ganks and objective
-Smart thinking
-Avoid losing streaks

360N0Sk0p3d

08-29-2014

I agree with all the current posts on this thread. Just keep playing ranked and keep getting better at the role(s) you are good at. Even if you do dive know that you ARE still improving. In my first season of level 30 i made bronze 2 after my provisionals. After that i nosedived into bronze 4. I gaveup on ranked for a while but as i grew a better understanding of the game i decided to try ranked again. This time i started winning i found a few champs i was comfortable with and won some games. After climbing and dropping down a little i found out how strong i was at lissandra. I managed to climb back up to bronze 2 in a very short period of time. Luckily i had teams that understood how to act as a team and i only lost a single game with lissandra in ranked. Know that you wont always have a perfect team and you cant control how well your team works together but that you can always improve and help your teams to synergize to climb the Elo Ladder. Good Luck, Man

St Viers

08-30-2014

1. Always look to improve your own game; you can't always help the other 4 players
2. Last-hitting is the key to just outramping the enemy and snowballing the game
3. Any action you can do outside of your lane to eke an advantage out for your team (clearing your jungle camps when your jungler is busy->clearing enemy jungle's big monsters->killing the enemy jungler->taking an enemy buff->ganking a lane->Getting a Tower->Getting Dragon/Baron: order of smallest to biggest way to snowball the game)
4. Objectives over kills;Don't chase after fights when you can be getting objectives.

For more detailed advice, please check out my blog: www.st-viers.blogspot.com for more detailed articles about league fundamentals!