Should Riot introduce role specific items to the game?

Yes 5 41.67%
No 7 58.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Role Specific Items

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

M1ST4K3N

04-04-2013

This idea may have been tossed around before, but I'd like to see some role specific items. Not ones that reinforce the meta, but instead reinforce the roles that riot has already placed into the game, such as pusher, assassin, mage, carry, etc. This would allow for more diversification among builds, while actually helping to balance the game (so that assassins can't build tanky for example). I guess for an in-game example, it'd be like rengar's bone tooth necklace or viktor's hex core, except for a role instead of a single character. Anyways, what do you guys think?

Quepha

04-04-2013

i don't like it. you're just asking to remove build versatility.

M1ST4K3N

04-04-2013

How would it remove build versatility? It's adding items tailored more towards each individual role instead of giving certain champions items that would make them way overpowered. It's not like the old items wouldn't be there. It would just give the option of buying different items that otherwise wouldn't be viable in game due to balancing issues.

awkwardbowman

04-04-2013

The don't make items just for specific classes of champs, they only add items that match with their lore or the kit when they do make champion specific items. If you make an item that's meant for pushers, then what's the problem with other champions using that item? They won't be able to use it as effectively as pushers anyway.
The issue you mentioned with warmogs isn't really an issue. If they have a warmogs, they shouldn't be doing that much damage since they spent so much on defense, unless they're fed, in which case you're going to need a few people to kill them anyway and they're just playing smart. Although health stacking is still a bit annoying.

Quepha

04-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Kapwn View Post
How would it remove build versatility? It's adding items tailored more towards each individual role instead of giving certain champions items that would make them way overpowered. It's not like the old items wouldn't be there. It would just give the option of buying different items that otherwise wouldn't be viable in game due to balancing issues.
1)make an item so powerful for adc that you couldn't possibly give it to other roles
2)hey trist what are you gonna build first? botrk? your boots? maybe get a zeal?
3)no, i'm getting ad choppa like every other adc would, there's no other real option.

Sailangel

04-04-2013

What do u consider role specific??? i think their are already role specific items out there. you don't build rabadon's deathcap on an AD assasin, no you build it on a AP mage.

Lexinus

04-04-2013

Runaans hurricane is class specific, so is hydra. Never see an ahri build hurricane?

67chrome

04-04-2013

Considering LoL's current itemization and the itemization of AoS games in general, I don't see such a system working. The current itemization system is a really definitive feature of LoL.

Tyr Ahn Nee

04-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Kapwn View Post
It would eventually result in all champions being like Rengar and Viktor, there'll be six items designed especially for each champ or role, and there'd be no other choice but to buy those six items.

Riot should Stop 'Micro-Managing Builds.'
Riot should make a commitment to give players true Freedom and true Choice.
but, it seems that "Freedom" and "Choice" hurts everyone's head and makes them angry.