Audio and character

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NoctisOnix

04-04-2013

IMO audio quotes in any MOBA game or any game at all is what makes a great character yet in this game this lacks.Why do DOTA 2 heroes have over 15 minutes of audiio each,while LoL champions get barely 3 mins of audio.I mean champions dont feel alive,they just feel like a bunch of polygons.I have to RP myself into immersion,I shoudn't do that.The game needs to immerse me.Over the course of the game my champion talking to me as a summoner should give me insight of their motives and what are they fighting for.I mean I understand for some of the older champions like anivia and ryze not to have crazy monologues or dialogues but with the recent VUs and RIOT taking alonger time to develop a champion I expect new champions to be much more immersive but no.
Take DOTA 2 again for an example

Queen of pain-A sadistic succubus that uses screams to hurt people
When she kills Anti-mage-a vengence filled guy who hunts any kind of evil magic
She's like "It's all about discipline anti-mage" or when she kills Silencer-which is a character which by the name utilizes silencing magic she goes like "Silencer?I prefer a screamer!"
Now that's good story telling (IMO)
You get these short sentences which on the fly tell you which heroes your guy doesnt and does like!
Another great example,Naga siren,A hero which ult puts everyone to sleep in a HUGEEE! radius for 7 seconds.She also uses her voice to hurt people.When she kills Queen of pain she goes like "I always hated your voice" or "What a diva".That's what I want and that's what me,the playerbase and RIOT need.These few examples are just a sliver of character depth dota 2 has.
Lets look at LoL now
Jayce kills Viktor-His arch nemesis
Nothing
Ashe kills Sejuani-Also her enemy
nothing
Nasus kills his brother Renekton
Nothing
Annie kills her BF amumu
No feelings bro

No immersion,no character depth and RIOT still keeps making souless champs
As a fan of the game I wish nothing but the best things for RIOT but sometimes you gotta look at your competition and learn from it.Take the good parts and make them better!

Link for epic quotes!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERR1wUCvQfc

Ebonmaw Dragon

04-04-2013

Just saying: The voice actor of Nasus is dead, Renek vs Nasus Quote will not happen

NoctisOnix

04-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebonmaw Dragon View Post
Just saying: The voice actor of Nasus is dead, Renek vs Nasus Quote will not happen
D:

Morec0

04-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebonmaw Dragon View Post
UNTIL they rework his character and get a new voice actor?

That MIGHT be disresepctful for the actor, though...

Ferr3t

04-04-2013

There are a few instances of what you're talking about, like when Vi ults Jayce, but for the most part it's just different directions. DotA uses in-game dialogue, while League uses Lore (which, as I understand it, DotA2 doesn't even have or has very little of, for all we complain about the state of lore today)

Summoner Abyss

04-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butternubs View Post
There are a few instances of what you're talking about, like when Vi ults Jayce, but for the most part it's just different directions. DotA uses in-game dialogue, while League uses Lore (which, as I understand it, DotA2 doesn't even have or has very little of, for all we complain about the state of lore today)
They do, but much like TF2 lore it's in the form of comics that most people don't know about.

Morec0

04-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summoner Abyss View Post
They do, but much like TF2 lore it's in the form of comics that most people don't know about.
There are Dota2 comics? Hmm, will have to look this up!

Or have they not been released yet?

NoctisOnix

04-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butternubs View Post
Oh no,every hero has lore just like LoL

Morec0

04-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoctisOnix View Post
Oh no,every hero has lore just like LoL
Indeed, it's just infintely smaller and not really as in-depth as LoL's (at least, in terms of bios). It's only "who is this guy?" never even HINTING at "why is he here?" which LoL's lore still does (most of the time).

NoctisOnix

04-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morec0 View Post
Indeed, it's just infintely smaller and not really as in-depth as LoL's (at least, in terms of bios). It's only "who is this guy?" never even HINTING at "why is he here?" which LoL's lore still does (most of the time).
Which they make up with ingame dialogue which is far better and more dynamic as they add more heroes than just some plain wall of text.IMO ofc