Buff Wota plz

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Masuhara

04-04-2013

wota needs some extra umph, possibly cdr or somthing else attached to it and increase the cost.

wota is supposed to be the go to item for ap casters who want spell vamp but has become obsolite because the hextech revolver is much better.

yea hextech is much more expensive but its a much better item providing 20% spell vamp and 12% life steal with an active effect that scales off of ap and slows.

therefor wota has no place in late game items slots and needs to be buffed or removed from the game.

possible buff idea's :

1) add in a fiendish codex for the item build and wota also grants cdr

2)add in a giants belt for more hp

3) add in haunting guise and add hp and spell pen

4) allow it to gain stacking effects simiar to bloodthirster

Masuhara

04-04-2013

in wota's defense the passive is pretty nice maybe no buff need idk

Lexinus

04-04-2013

Hextech revolver builds into wota... Do you mean Hextech Gunblade?

67chrome

04-04-2013

1) Hextech Revolver builds into WotA. WotA has considerably more AP and Spell Vamp than Hextech Revolver - totaling at 80 AP and 20% Spell Vamp, were 30 of that AP and all 20% of that spell vampirisim is applied via aura to your team.

2) Hextech Gunblade grants less AP and the same amount of spell vampirisim as WotA but costs almost 1000 more gold. It charges you for the respectable chunk of AD and life steal on the item - 2 stats that no AP Caster really wants, and separating WotA and Gunblade into Caster and Hybrid items.

3) Hextech Gunblade's nuke is mostly used for the slow - and compared to WotA, you're spending more than 1000 gold on that nuke as a caster, as that AD and life steal is generally going to waste. Is 150+0.4 really worth 1000+ gold? If you scale with AD and AP like Kayle, Katarina, Jax, and Akali - yes. For pretty much everyone else, not so much.

4) What's with this idea that an item needs to be removed from the game because you don't like it?

5) WotA has a spot in the game. On any mage that wants spell vampirisim it can be a huge asset to the team. The extent of Gunblade's team-wide utility is that it slows a target down. That's it - a minor CC effect for a short duration that can potentially give allies time to help. WotA, on the other hand, offers an incredible 20% spell vampirisim to everyone nearby it's bearer (which should be the entire team - most AP Carries on the mage end of things specialize in team fights - so you should be by your team when you want to fight). And 20% spell vampirisim is a solid chunk for everyone - and allows champions like Riven, Garen, Pantheon, and Talon (among others) with no real viable spell vamprisim options to gain spell vampirisim within their rotation - allowing all such champions to sustain for up to 20% of the damage they inflict with their abilities. That extra AP can also grant a solid boost to a lot of champions on the team that wouldn't normally stack AP - Xin'Zhao can go with more spears and heals, Darius can deal more damage with his bleed, Fiora can Riposte things in the face that much harder.

But bottom line - a pure AP aura item compared to a non-aura hybrid item isn't redundant itemization, both items accomplish entirely different things and are used by entirely different champions.

mendeleyev

04-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67chrome View Post
1) Hextech Revolver builds into WotA. WotA has considerably more AP and Spell Vamp than Hextech Revolver - totaling at 80 AP and 20% Spell Vamp, were 30 of that AP and all 20% of that spell vampirisim is applied via aura to your team.

2) Hextech Gunblade grants less AP and the same amount of spell vampirisim as WotA but costs almost 1000 more gold. It charges you for the respectable chunk of AD and life steal on the item - 2 stats that no AP Caster really wants, and separating WotA and Gunblade into Caster and Hybrid items.

3) Hextech Gunblade's nuke is mostly used for the slow - and compared to WotA, you're spending more than 1000 gold on that nuke as a caster, as that AD and life steal is generally going to waste. Is 150+0.4 really worth 1000+ gold? If you scale with AD and AP like Kayle, Katarina, Jax, and Akali - yes. For pretty much everyone else, not so much.

4) What's with this idea that an item needs to be removed from the game because you don't like it?

5) WotA has a spot in the game. On any mage that wants spell vampirisim it can be a huge asset to the team. The extent of Gunblade's team-wide utility is that it slows a target down. That's it - a minor CC effect for a short duration that can potentially give allies time to help. WotA, on the other hand, offers an incredible 20% spell vampirisim to everyone nearby it's bearer (which should be the entire team - most AP Carries on the mage end of things specialize in team fights - so you should be by your team when you want to fight). And 20% spell vampirisim is a solid chunk for everyone - and allows champions like Riven, Garen, Pantheon, and Talon (among others) with no real viable spell vamprisim options to gain spell vampirisim within their rotation - allowing all such champions to sustain for up to 20% of the damage they inflict with their abilities. That extra AP can also grant a solid boost to a lot of champions on the team that wouldn't normally stack AP - Xin'Zhao can go with more spears and heals, Darius can deal more damage with his bleed, Fiora can Riposte things in the face that much harder.

But bottom line - a pure AP aura item compared to a non-aura hybrid item isn't redundant itemization, both items accomplish entirely different things and are used by entirely different champions.

That was well thought out. Allow me to provide typical LoL player reaction.

"BUT TEAM SUCKS I GOTTA PEWPEW HARDER" DOWNVOTE,

Quepha

04-04-2013

the 12% lifesteal and AD are completely worthless on a straight AP caster.

PMS Morganna

04-06-2013

Can someone explain for me why Wota costs more than double for less than double of revolver? I'd really like to like Wota but I can't understand the price issue....

Geminex

04-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMS Morganna View Post
Can someone explain for me why Wota costs more than double for less than double of revolver? I'd really like to like Wota but I can't understand the price issue....
Because WOTA, shock and alarm, has an aura. An aura that benefits your entire team. It helps YOU spellvamp. And it also helps your ALLIES spellvamp. Spellvamp, by the by, is applied to all damage from abilities. If you have anyone at all on your team who uses their abilities to deal damage and sometimes needs healing? They benefit from spellvamp. Even if they can't use the AP, a WOTA gives your team an enormous amount of sustain, and can be key particularly for and against poke compositions.

If all you care about is your own ability to deal damage, sure, build a gunblade. But you're gonna get stomped 9/10 by the people who don't mind spending a bit of money on their team.

That's why WOTA is more expensive than revolver.

Dragoon14th

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-07-2013

id be in favor or a hp of 200 + to it At least to let them get a little push when trying to spell vamp

or perhaps change the spell vamp to have a Percentage increase based on missing of your champ hp. such as max hp You get 0% at 1 hp You get 40% spell vamp

Because it fits the name (Will) of the ancient

Gailie

04-07-2013

Honestly, the only thing I'd argue for is more spellvamp options. Of the spellvamp items, WotA is actually the most general of the spellvamp items, "general" meaning useful to the widest variety of champs. It's only competition is gunblade, which as established is a hybrid AD/AP item and therefore is by definition niche, and spirit of spectral wraith, which gives AP, spellvamp, and CDR to smite. Once again very niche, only really applying to AP junglers, I might consider it on mids if it weren't for the fact that WotA's build path is superior in every way. But what if I'm Ryze or Panth and don't want to build AP? What if I'm running Vlad top and Kennen mid and they both want spellvamp? I could buy two, one for each, but that would be a huge waste of gold on what is essentially a very expensive second revolver for the second WotA builder, and as we have established, we really don't have any good looking alternatives. The only other thing we could do is stick with revolver, which would be very slot inefficient and still does not help Panth and Ryze, both of whom really like spell vamp but don't like paying for AP. That being said, one could argue that they are both powerful enough and that making a new spell vamp item that gives spell vamp and some not AP stat would break them, and to that I have no real answer.