Twisted Fate - Redisigned by Duffie

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Duffie

08-03-2009

Just some of my ideas on Twisted Fate and how I think he should be balanced. My goals are to lower Wild Cards' effectiveness, lower Twisted Fates map control (while still maintaining his gank potential), and increasing Pick a Card's effectiveness. I also want decrease Twisted Fate's dependence on Ability Points.

Wild Card
(additional changes to this ability in pick a card)
-S removed from Wild Card's name for balancing reasons =P
-Changed to throw only one card
-Same distance
-Cooldown increased to 7 seconds
-Ability Point scaling reduced to 0.5
-Mana cost increased slightly

Pick a Card

-Using this ability scrolls through 3 cards. Low mana cost to change cards. Cards are a permanent effect once learned. Each card has several effects and are designed around a role.

Red Card (hero killing)
-Crit chance increased by X% and crit damage increased by X%
-If Wild Card hits a hero, it returns to Twisted Fate and reduces the cooldown by 1/2

Blue Card (farming)
-Ability Points are increased by X% of Twisted Fate's Attack Power
-Wild Card throws 3 cards instead of 1.
-The distance of Wild Card is decreased.

Gold Card (maneuverability)
-Movement Speed and Dodge increased by X%
-Wild Card deals X% less damage, but roots the first target it hits. The card doesn't travel through more enemies.

Gate
-Use this ability to place down a gateway nearby Twisted Fate.
-Clicking this ability nearby a gateway causes Twisted Fate to channel his teleport.
-Being attacked interrupts teleporting
-Base cast time decreased slightly
-# of gateways available increases with level. (newer gateways replace older gateways when you go over the limit)
-Cooldown and Cast Time decreases with level.

Destiny
-Slowing and Sight remain the same.
-Allows Gate to be used anywhere on the map.
-Decreased casting of gate removed.

I tried to rebalance Twisted Fate and have a lot of fun thinking up creative things. I admit that all these changes are really unnecessary and overly complicated.
Really all they need to do to balance Twisted Fate is to nerf Wild Cards. I guess this is more just my dream Twisted Fate.

NefariousRaven

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

08-03-2009

Twisted Fate isn't OP.. for the 10000000 time.

Quep

08-03-2009

seriously, Wild Cards is SOOO SOsosososos easy to dodge, and a lot of people dont even lay AP TF they all follow the attack sped/damage build, if anything they need to buff pick a card.... end of story =x

Woozl

08-04-2009

I agree with you Duffie, in both that TF should be changed and that your version of TF looks like it is balanced and has no dependency on AP. However, I'm pretty sure I'm not a game developer, and as such I am not an expert on developing games. Also realize that it is nearly impossible to convince someone who loves a character that that character is OP.

Akosh Peremy

Adjudicator

08-04-2009

Wild Cards isn't easy to dodge in a 4v4-5v5 clash, and if just two hits you from an 500 AP CM (and he WILL have 500 AP, since he is the best farming hero in the game with teleport+AoE), you're pretty much out of the battle.

Duffie

08-04-2009

I guess I should of started off with, I love Twisted Fate. He is my most played and favorite hero. Anyone who says his Wild Card ability isn't overpowered is in some serious denial though.

As easy as it is to dodge Wild Cards, it is much easier for Twisted Fate to hit someone with them. It is a skill shot, but probably the easiest one to pull off. It is such an easy skill shot that you find yourself accidently hitting other heroes. It has a low cooldown, low mana cost, high range, and high damage. This leads to something that just begs to be spammed.

In 5v5, it is impossible to keep track of Wild Cards and forcing heroes to dodge in this occassion is just as powerful as hitting them with the cards. Toss in the ability to control the map better than any other hero on top of this and you can't deny a bit of balance issues.

Because how easily spammable it is and the ridiculous range, this gives Twisted Fate an undeserved survivability boost (which I don't think the developers meant for him to have). He can stand far outside of combat and still be a huge threat.

Most people do build Twisted Fate for a ability power. Anyone who doesn't, hasn't played twisted fate enough to understand him.

It seems to be that Twisted Fate is suppose to be a "jack of all trades" with low health. Unfortunately an oversight caused him to be a master farmer and master nuker/abuser. I tried to build my version of Twisted Fate to give him the same wide selection of roles, but keep him balanced.

This makes him very versitile, but counterable.

The Magic Sausage

08-04-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by NefariousRaven View Post
Twisted Fate isn't OP.. for the 10000000 time.
The most annoying and cheap thing happened today. Near the lanes a twisted fate would spam card though the trees. This is cheap and I believe to be a exploit. Everytime we would try to get behind him his team would back him up and keep spamming cards though the trees.

EDIT: These are the immovable trees you cannot walk though

Anyone else think this is wrong/op/cheap/exploit?

Krom

08-05-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Magic Sausage View Post
The most annoying and cheap thing happened today. Near the lanes a twisted fate would spam card though the trees. This is cheap and I believe to be a exploit. Everytime we would try to get behind him his team would back him up and keep spamming cards though the trees.

EDIT: These are the immovable trees you cannot walk though

Anyone else think this is wrong/op/cheap/exploit?
Not an exploit, just smart play. Like people who flash through walls to get away.

Every ranged attack can go through walls AFAIK, though you don't see a lot of it because they don't have the huge range of Wild Cards.

Talimwind

08-05-2009

i dont really mind the effect of wild card, its pretty balanced, Although i do think the DMG per AP and Cooldown could use a HUGE ass nerf. If you buy the mana regen staff and 1-2 mana pots you can use it as soon as the CD is up every god damn time.
Sure most misses but some dont and they dont get any weaker as the game progress, and last time i checked creeps dont evade this **** so he'll get stupendous amount of gold.