Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How to bind 2 keys to one command

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheMagicalCake

04-03-2013

I want to have regular casting be Shift+qwer but I don't know how to do that.

Sylvr

04-04-2013

Go into the main menu in-game (Escape Key), and go down to "Key Bindings". Scroll down to where it says "Smart Cast Spell 1". In the next column over, it will say "[Shift][Q] for Q, [Shift][W] for W, etc. Click on that box, and the next key you press will replace that command as the way to perform that function. Pictures below.

Most people simply reassign the QWER keys to the smartcast function and leave the default spell cast function blank. It takes some getting used to, but smartcasting spells will shave some milliseconds off of your reaction time as you get used to it. Since the key bindings menus is so easy to access and alter in-game, some people prefer to rearrange it on a champ-by-champ basis. For instance, many people do not smartcast R on Rumble, or E on Viktor, as vector spells seem a tad bit clunky with smartcast. Also, some spells that require a bit more precision in their placement, people prefer to cast normally, such as Veigar's E, or Aniva's W.

Play around with these, and the other key bindings in that menu and see what works for you. You can also reassign things such as pings (including the 4 new pings), or even emotes such as /laugh, /joke, /dance, and /taunt.

Ericxz

04-04-2013

^What that person said

TheMagicalCake

04-05-2013

So there is absolutely no way to bind Shift+qwer to normal casting?

Omicron Austin

04-05-2013

Quote:
TheMagicalCake:
So there is absolutely no way to bind Shift+qwer to normal casting?

There is. This is what I do, smart casting with the standard keys and shift+qwer to normal cast.

Not sure what you're having trouble with, you click on what you want to bind it to, hold shift, and hit the button.

TheNeckerCube

05-14-2013

Quote:
Omicron Austin:
There is. This is what I do, smart casting with the standard keys and shift+qwer to normal cast.

Not sure what you're having trouble with, you click on what you want to bind it to, hold shift, and hit the button.

I think I have the same question as the OP but no one seems to understand the question:

Is it possible to bind TWO KEYS to ONE command.

Using normal cast as an example makes things unclear.

My problem is I want to change "Move Pet" from [ALT][MB2] to [T][MB2].

How do you bind two keys, T + MB2, to one action (move pet).

As of yet, I can't do that in the key binding options. Holding T and then pressing MB2 does not work...