The problem with supports.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chakat Astarot

04-03-2013

You know what I find the problem about supports, and why almost no one enjoys playing support....Hell I've seen people fight with each other to refuse to be support.

I was playing support today, and whenever the team starts loose a battle, be it that the other team has a better jungle, and top and or bot gets pushed back, or some other problem. The most common person that takes the blame is...You guessed it, the support.

I don't understand it really, the support is being part of this abuse, yet no one stands up for them? I think that people should show a little more respect to the supporting class players, cause if you look at it over and over again, be it me being yelled at, or someone else, The support is more often then not taking most the the blame...

Why do you all think that is? Is it cause people feel that the support will carry the entire team through?

In my opinion when a team looses a fight, it due to the entire teams fault, be it jungle say bot struggling, but still wanted to camp the **** out of top. To the middle that enjoys farming more then killing other hostiles. Even down to the ADC and the Support not communicating very well, but yet even with all these outlooks.... More often then not, it the support that gets the. "OOHHH You a piece of **** support, everyone, report this support please, she/he sucks!"

My final words is this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ajo1p51w0vc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8N5yTdGhIU

f3zz1k

04-03-2013

Try going jungler... it's even worse cuz you get blammed even before team fights start! If you didn't gank top and mid and bot by 5 min you are a bad jungler and will get reported for trolling... nevermind the fact that all three lanes where pushed to enemy turret without wards >.>

Player Someone

04-04-2013

I hear you. I am one of those people who hates on support. Sorry. I won't judge. I will forgive.

ShadowMartyn

04-04-2013

Yep, I know the feeling. I'm often stuck with jungle or support. Both get all the blame, even though it's top or bottom's fault for...
A.) They push too hard, don't ward, and get killed by enemy jungle.
B.) I go to wait for a gank, they get excited and push them out of the gank zone. Which makes me mad.
C.) Just can't simply control their lane or play out style with the champions.

As a support I get...
A.) The carry who will just jump in with out me baiting it and pulling them in.
B.) Let's themselves get poked to death.
C.) Won't last hit, loses CS, and does take up champion kills when i back off the last second to let them get it.
D.) I get a carry playing like a support.

KrytoKronik

04-04-2013

Most players that are quick to blame probably do so out of being mad that they are losing and to protect their own ego, will blame whoever they think is at fault most. Support is probably singled out by those who dont know how to play with a support and see the player as bad. It all comes down to the ego though.

AJStarhiker

04-04-2013

I'd bet at least a portion are people obsessed with Kill/Death ratios and forget Assists are included in the stats.

I actually prefer support. I don't ADC well. I suck at last hits and have poor judgement on when to chase for the kill.