Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Runeguard Volibear; Do Not Want. (Issue with Voli skins)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Black OpaD

04-08-2013

Quote:
Sakuri Ono:
Can we please get a Volibear skin someday that remembers the champion is a freaking Polar Bear?

We got a black bear with Thunder Lord; that's fine.
We got a brown bear with Northern Storm; that's fine as well.

But why are you doing brown again? Him being a Polar Bear was the key attraction to Voli for me. I had zero issue with the other skins swapping colors because I hoped eventually one day the original polar awesomeness of the champion would get the new skin treatment. Nope; white fur's not good enough. :-\

I really doubt you'll chop the skin out at this point. To ask that would be unreasonable. Instead what I'd like is the following:

-Some information from the designers as to why they're refusing to use the Polar Bear coloration.
-Even a vague promise that some time in the future Polar Bear will be the fur of choice for a future skin.

Just remember that Runeguard Volibear is not finished yet and may change. Lets hope Riot takes a look at how we feel and maybe something will happen!

wall 534

04-08-2013

Quote:
JetStreamAttack:
And where the hell is the panda skin???

They gave it to annie instead

Jaeoxenos

04-10-2013

I honestly like Brown Bear Runeguard skin, I understand why people want him to have white fur but this will not be his last skin, though it might take a long freakin time I am sure they will come out with another polar bear skin. I am just happy to have another skin for my main. Opinions, opinions, good thing that's all they are. Though if they had asked for the rights to remake that man's mecha volibear skin I would just throw my money at riot and scream take it.

Instalockers

04-24-2013

Quote:
Youkai Ningen:
I was really looking forward to it when I heard there was a new Volibear skin coming, and I must say, I'm pretty disappointed in this skin. Its far too similar currently too Northern Storm Voli. It looks like a recolor of that skin.I mean at least have the bear be a different color. Right now it feels like the armor is different colors.

It's the same brown bear but in a different coat, this skin also has awesome features like a beard, great armor, cool spell-effects and a recall animation.

I want a new polar skin too, one that has about as much armor as Thunder Lord or less. I really want another less armored Voli-skin, the Thunder Lord had poor armor-design IMO.

McKinnon

04-30-2013

Volibear is one of my favorite champs. I'm considering buying another skin just so I can choose his default skin over it.

Dakkaface

04-30-2013

+1 to OP. I I haven't bothered to buy a Volibear skin even though he's my main champ purely because the other skins offer nothing particularly awesome in spell effects over the default, and remove his white coloration. Nothing against grizzlies and such, but I bought the champ because he was a polar bear, and none of the other skins are attractive to me. I considered Runeguard when I heard the spell effects were different, but it's not radically so.

I get that you can't just go with a different theme or costume because he's a bear, but even a Full Metal or Battlecast version would be more interesting and different than 'brown bear, black bear, brown bear.'

destructbot1

04-30-2013

I was just hopeing that one day they would make a battlecast Volibear,but i wait patiently.

chezwickcheese

05-01-2013

Quote:
Pompy The Pig:
Obviously waiting for Christmas to do a partnership with Coca-Cola and do a Coke polar bear.

Yes! This must happen!

R3DRAID3R95

06-23-2013

u should really stick to the polar bear thing I mean there is one white skin the rest are black and brown polar bears are not black and brown