Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Runeguard Volibear; Do Not Want. (Issue with Voli skins)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sakuri Ono

04-04-2013

Gonna give this a bit of a bump.

Rumicube

04-04-2013

I agree 100% with you, they kept us waiting this long for a new skin since his release and it looks exactly the same as his other skins.
There are so many cool fan made voli skins out there... Riot was making such cool skins (I mean look the new shyv skin.. Looks awesome)

Titiln

04-04-2013

philosibear or bust

it

TheOrangeToast

04-04-2013

I was going to buy it, but the beard looks kind of silly too me.

I've seen plenty of cool Volibear skin concepts, this new one I like all of it except for the beard

The Great Asby

04-04-2013

Quote:
Pompy The Pig:
Obviously waiting for Christmas to do a partnership with Coca-Cola and do a Coke polar bear.

this means volibear will have no clothes on

24SevenEU

04-04-2013

Quote:
JetStreamAttack:
And where the hell is the panda skin???

Teemo stole it along time ago.

Bethiriam

04-04-2013

Santa Claus Volibear.

He carries around a Red Bag full of "Gifts" on one hand while walking/running. While on all fours, he shifts the bag to his mouth, and carries it on his jaws.

His Q:

Quote:
Preferably:
After catching up to the enemy champion, swoops him/her into the bag throwing the bag behind his back; and out comes spilling the champion. It's a magical bag, so the size wouldn't fluctuate from catching say Kennen, in comparison to a fully-charged Cho'Gath. [This would be so difficult to visually program, though, in terms of picking up the bag again, etc. to match his other animations]

Alternatively:

He twists his neck, swinging the bag towards the enemy (Remember, he's carrying it on his jaw) and slamming the champion with it hard enough to send him flying. The moment the bag hits, Jingle Bells are heard, and small snowflakes fly off the impact zone.

His W:
Quote:
Passive:
If you want something visual for the passive, his Santa Hat could grow bigger, or the size of the bag, in proportion to the number of stacks he has.

Activate:
To be honest, I'm imagining him swinging around his red bag to hit enemies. However, at high attack speeds this would look somewhat odd. So, to incorporate the bag into his skills, the active could have his bag grow teeth, and literally jump(grow even bigger) forward to chomp on a target. [Alternatively, his hat could be the one to grow teeth and chomp at his targets.]

This would be sooo creepy, yet sooo sweet.

His E:
Quote:
Volibear's bag slips from his claws, and off comes rolling lumps of coal onto the Fields of Justice.

"Have I been a bad Minion?"

Minions, Monsters, and Pets alike are feared at what to expect under their tree this Christmas.

"But I tried my best this year for you, Annie... Q.Q" ~Tibbers

His R:
Quote:
Volibear sets the bag on his back, opening it only slightly, summoning the powers of Christmas. With each swing of his claws, illuminated snowflakes fly out from the bag in swirls, empowering his attacks, and spreading to up to 3 nearby enemy units.

For a darker twist, Riot could do a double release on Volibear with a second skin titled "A Naughty Christmas," featuring Volibear in all-black Santa Claus attire. Here, his [E] can feature Saws, Knifes, and all sorts of pointy-objects, instead of the traditional coal. Or perhaps, the boney remains of his latest meal...? [Dark Laughter]

[Clears Throat] It's [a skin] [two skins] that although perhaps dark in nature, [is] [are] likely to be the cause of many smiles and laughs this Christmas as people notice the intent behind the visual-rework of his skills.

Lexinus

04-04-2013

Chrome pls

http://upload.inven.co.kr/upload/2013/02/22/bbs/i4661814463.jpg

JimMaru

Recruiter

04-04-2013

Yeah, I was thinking the same. The skin is great, with the shining armor and everything, but the brown bear makes it a huge turn off.
I mean, it kinda looks right now like a mix of the other 2 skins + cool effects.
I don't really like the battlecast skin as I like my wild animals wild and mystical. lol I really hate mecha skins, but that's personal.

++++infinity for Polar bear skin. I know I'm gonna mod this skin as soon as it gets released here to make it "polar"...

Bethiriam

04-04-2013

Quote:
http://upload.inven.co.kr/upload/201...4661814463.jpg

On topic, nice skin. A bit too violent for my liking, but it's obvious the person who created it put a lot of time into it's conception.

Quote:
I really hate mecha skins, but that's personal.

Yeah, I get where you're coming from.