Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Runeguard Volibear; Do Not Want. (Issue with Voli skins)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sakuri Ono

04-03-2013

Can we please get a Volibear skin someday that remembers the champion is a freaking Polar Bear?

We got a black bear with Thunder Lord; that's fine.
We got a brown bear with Northern Storm; that's fine as well.

But why are you doing brown again? Him being a Polar Bear was the key attraction to Voli for me. I had zero issue with the other skins swapping colors because I hoped eventually one day the original polar awesomeness of the champion would get the new skin treatment. Nope; white fur's not good enough. :-\

I really doubt you'll chop the skin out at this point. To ask that would be unreasonable. Instead what I'd like is the following:

-Some information from the designers as to why they're refusing to use the Polar Bear coloration.
-Even a vague promise that some time in the future Polar Bear will be the fur of choice for a future skin.

Pompy The Pig

04-03-2013

Obviously waiting for Christmas to do a partnership with Coca-Cola and do a Coke polar bear.

JetStreamAttack

04-03-2013

And where the hell is the panda skin???

Hellioncat

04-03-2013

When I saw Volibear all I could think about was Iorek Byrnison; so yea there should be a WILD Volibear skin which features him armorless

Zetaphrem

04-03-2013

I couldn't agree with this post more. Also, hate to say it so, childish,
But that beard is so stupid.
I would really appreciate it a skin using his Polar origins, or a panda skin, or a RED PANDA skin...not brown AGAIN!

Cyraknoss

04-03-2013

I want polarbear skins too but frankly this skin is REALLY good. It's miles above every other version of Volibear we have right now. The new spell effects look way better than standard, the new Recall animation is awesome. This skin is definitely a worthy addition to my favorite Bear and totally makes up for the tiny early game nerf they gave him. Even if this skin gets nothing else above what it has right now I will buy it when it comes out because the spell effects are soo very good looking that it just blows every other version of Volibear out of the water.

Mistiya

04-03-2013

My first thought was "Awesome armor, wrong color bear." Polar Bears are just flat out cooler than other bears. I want to play a Polar Bear with armor! White bears need skins too!

Youkai Ningen

04-03-2013

I was really looking forward to it when I heard there was a new Volibear skin coming, and I must say, I'm pretty disappointed in this skin. Its far too similar currently too Northern Storm Voli. It looks like a recolor of that skin.I mean at least have the bear be a different color. Right now it feels like the armor is different colors.

Redwind5527

04-04-2013

all i ask is to take the beard off im fine with him being brown just that beard looks like a turd hanging.....x.x

DreadPirateLynx

04-04-2013

Quote:
Hellioncat:
When I saw Volibear all I could think about was Iorek Byrnison; so yea there should be a WILD Volibear skin which features him armorless

It's kinda funny. after reading the first post in this thread I was thinking "You know, they should base a skin off of the polar bear in Golden Compass... Oh wait, that's pretty much the classic skin". lol