Jax item build help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dinocool

12-06-2009

Well so far this is my item build

1. Vampiric Scepter

Lane until 1100

2. Ninja Tabi
3. Emblem of Valour

Save up for Sterks

4. Sterks fervour
5. Phage
6. Sheen
7. Zeal
8. Trinity

ok so i get up to here and then i get dif. items depending on what how i'm going

Nuked and CC'ed get banshee

Pwning up, Blood thirsters, infinity

Focused WAY too much, warmogs

for Summoner spells i tend to go Exhaust and Ignite, which 50% of the time lets me get a kill in the mid. Specially against an ashe.

I tend to go really good with this, sometimes get 30+ kills

also it seems JAX is kinda Imba with this build as i tend to start doing 3000 dmg crits (max crit dmg tier 3 mastery). for masteries so far 21/1/0

any thoughts or suggestions?

vvolfster

12-06-2009

3000 crit damage?? Cause of sheen occasional 100% extra?

Bait

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2009

jax should just start with sheen -> trinity force.
reason: sheen combos well with empower + leap

Dinocool

12-07-2009

yeah, but i find that if you cant chase them then theres no point, plus i tend to stick with a team so i tend to slow em down for the whole team

Zaouron

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2009

I go a different route.

i've only used sheen once on jax and found it lacking. Or, i guess i should say that it didnt seem to do any better than how i do things now.

I like to start with the rejuv bead half of emblem of valor instead of the vamp scepter. I also grab a few health pots. My reason for this is that you don't do the greatest damage for the first few levels. I've found that the rejuv beads actually keep me healed just as well as the vamp scepter but do so while i'm both attacking or standing around.

Also, i try and only last hit mobs so that i don't overpush my lane. So the vamp scepter isnt getting much use anyways. and if i'm up against an aggressive ranged player i can at least step back and let my hp regen back up while i'm out of danger.

anyways, i take the rejuv bead and then try to stay in my lane until i have enough for the emblem and boots 1. I'll stay longer if i'm not getting harassed too badly and making steady money (or if i'm up against bad players and gettin some early kills).

Next i'll go back and get either ninja tabi or mercs (depends on the team though i've been using the new cleanse almost every time. so i typically use tabi's) and grab a B.F. sword.

I then build the B.F. into an infinity. I try and get this by lvl 11, as the 2nd rank of Relentless Assault grants enough attack speed for me for this stage of the game.

From here on out it really depends on how the game is going. I typically try and finish starks for the added survivabilty + needed AS. If i'm having trouble with cc/casters then i'll build straight for a banshee's.

If i'm able to hit starks up after infinity, then i'll usually grab a last whisper if the other team is tank heavy. If not then i'll go with either a cleaver or a thirster for fun damage.

I have yet to play with the new items that were just recently added because i'm so comfortable with my current build path (the emblem then infinity edge then starks).

Ydriel

12-07-2009

Nice item build, I still gotta try going Trinity with Jax, but it probably works great, Sheen is way spammable and Phage...well, I usually get a Phage for him. An item that I've found works great on him is Sword of the Divine. Early game, it boosts up your DPS nicely. Crazy atk speed and stacks with your ult for some crazy damage.

Shinn Aska

12-07-2009

go boots 3 pots -> zeal -> vamp scepter (you can jungle at level 6 with these items) -> trinity -> starks -> last whisper. game ends around then but if you have time banshee/infinity/phantom dancer. rarely do i get to go past last whisper so it depends on your situation.

thegrenlock2001

02-19-2011

this is my build:dorans ring ,then ninja tabi,then maddrods blodazor,then vampiric scepter