My Trundle Lore Rework rendition

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nahtee

04-03-2013

"Several years after being plagued with the necromancers flesh-eating curse, a matured Trundle made his way to the land of Freljord, pursuing a rumor of the lands powerful mystics that Trundle hoped could help cure him. Upon arriving in the frozen kingdom, Trundle encountered a yeti being attacked by small group of barbaric ice trolls who seemed more interested in harassing the young yeti for sport rather than the sole purpose of requiring food. Trundle went to the yeti's aid, fending off the brutish attackers. Although Trundle had encouraged the ice trolls to flee or risk further injury, Trundle was heavily wounded himself.

The yeti took Trundle to Avarosan, so that Trundle could receive medical attention. There he met Ashe, the Avarosan queen, whom he told of his peaceful tribe of Ruhgosk trolls that he came from, and the horrible plight that befell them. After hearing of Trundle's brave decision to bear the entire burden of the curse for himself, Ashe tasked her court mystic with finding a means to alleviate the curse. The mystic was successful in preparing an elixir for Trundle, with various potent ingredients local to Freljord. The concoction not only made Trundle's tough and hide-like skin resistant to the disease, but it enhanced his already existing powers with the elements of Freljord itself.

While at the palace of Avarosan, Trundle overheard the problems that the brutish ice trolls were causing to the kingdom. Indebted to Ashe for her kindness, Trundle volunteered once more for another imposing task... solving the ice troll problem for the kingdom by himself. He set off for the ice troll camp and challenged the chieftain to one on one combat, which the prideful and arrogant chieftain agreed. For the chieftain wielded "Boneshiver", a devastating true ice club that could shatter boulders, and felt that a show of force would benefit his standing with the tribe. The ensuing battle was destructive, both combatants taking and dishing out an abundant amount of punishment (or tons of damage). However, although the chieftain wielded the more powerful weapon, Trundle, over the course of his travels and the pain he had endured from the curse, had become the stronger troll. He bludgeoned the chieftain to the ground, and in a moment where Trundle could have ended his opponents life with one more swing, he did not. Trundle let the former chieftain live, but claimed Boneshiver for himself. Any troll that felt his merciful behavior was unleader-like, was welcome to challenge Trundle for the right to lead, but no troll did. Although Trundle was not an ice troll by birth, all around him he saw a tribe of mindless brutes who needed the teachings of the Ruhgosk, so Trundle stayed, and held open communication with Avarosan. With enhanced powers, a mighty weapon, and new purpose after being lifted from the curse, Trundle now sets his eyes on another task. Finding the necromancer named "Bonecrafter" who first plagued him and his former tribe, and putting an end to him.

"The undisputed King of Trolls, has been crowned" - Ashe"

Morals of the story: Don't judge a book by its cover, whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger

Possible connections to future lore: Maybe an appearance by the "Bonecrafter"

Also this lore maintains Trundle's "Hero" persona

.What do you guys think? I hope we can get this some support and I hope Riot likes it. It's kind of lengthy, and might be able to be shortened however.

SSOTP (Secret Society of Trundle Players)

Tolfor

04-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahtee View Post
Also this lore maintains Trundle's "Hero" persona
Alright, I apologize to only be responding to such a small part of a large and clearly thought-out post, but I'm really tired of hearing people talk about "Trundle's heroism." Anyone who actually read his original lore (and more particularly, his Judgment) knows that old Trundle was not a benevolent friendly troll hero - he was a failed martyr who, upon realizing that his sacrifice wasn't going to save his kinsmen, let alone earn him the attention and adoration he desired, turned his back on his tribe and left them to die.

When Trundle was told that his tribe could still be saved by transferring the disease back to them, and that they would otherwise all slowly die:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trundle
A crooked smile snaked across his misshapen face. "Let them suffer. I'll keep what they so generously gave me."
So stop going on about what a great heroic character he was and how Riot's new lore ruined him, because that's not what happened. Anyone who thinks old Trundle was a selfless, stand-up guy needs to remove their nostalgia goggles and actually read the lore.

Vongeo

04-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolfor View Post
Alright, I apologize to only be responding to such a small part of a large and clearly thought-out post, but I'm really tired of hearing people talk about "Trundle's heroism." Anyone who actually read his original lore (and more particularly, his Judgment) knows that old Trundle was not a benevolent friendly troll hero - he was a failed martyr who, upon realizing that his sacrifice wasn't going to save his kinsmen, let alone earn him the attention and adoration he desired, turned his back on his tribe and left them to die.

When Trundle was told that his tribe could still be saved by transferring the disease back to them, and that they would otherwise all slowly die:

So stop going on about what a great heroic character he was and how Riot's new lore ruined him, because that's not what happened. Anyone who thinks old Trundle was a selfless, stand-up guy needs to remove their nostalgia goggles and actually read the lore.
He put Hero in quotes purposely. a-hole.

I like this version of the CONTINUATION of trundle's lore, rather than its destruction.

Can I join SSOTP?

Nahtee

04-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vongeo View Post

I like this version of the CONTINUATION of trundle's lore, rather than its destruction.

Can I join SSOTP?

If you play Trundle, you're already in it.

Tolfor

04-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vongeo View Post

Can I join SSOTP?
Did you know that quote marks around a word can be used for varieties of emphasis other than direct quoting and sarcasm?

HellComet

04-04-2013

I could care either way about Trundle, but this continuation is what I'd prefer more

Reilock

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-04-2013

We really need to spread this. It has a great connection between his old past & his judgement, and new updated lore. Onwards!

Nahtee

04-05-2013

bump

Morec0

04-05-2013

The only problem is that ruins any connection between him and Lissandra, and leaves the Ice Witch without any allies aside from her Frostguard. This puts her at a MASSIVE dissadvantages against Sejuani, who has Volibear's Ursine tribes to back her up, and Ashe, who has Anivia, Tyrndamere, and (presumably) the Yetis. The point of making Trundle a villain like he is now was to reinvision a character as something more than a tragic anti-hero, and give him a bit more stake in the world while making sure the conflict in Freljord wasn't horribly lopsided.

It is going to hurt for a little while, but when you step back and look at Freljord as a whole now it has been improved by Trundle's new lore.

Nahtee

04-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morec0 View Post
The only problem is that ruins any connection between him and Lissandra, and leaves the Ice Witch without any allies aside from her Frostguard. This puts her at a MASSIVE dissadvantages against Sejuani, who has Volibear's Ursine tribes to back her up, and Ashe, who has Anivia, Tyrndamere, and (presumably) the Yetis. The point of making Trundle a villain like he is now was to reinvision a character as something more than a tragic anti-hero, and give him a bit more stake in the world while making sure the conflict in Freljord wasn't horribly lopsided.

It is going to hurt for a little while, but when you step back and look at Freljord as a whole now it has been improved by Trundle's new lore.
I thought of that before i ended up writing this one, and was thinking I could write a bad guy one too. One that is a little more deep, because it doesn't really take a smart person to beg for his life (like in the new Trundle lore with the ice witch) or make up a story about weapons (which even if his clan were idiots, they shouldn't have believed that easily). I just like everything they made traditional Trundle stand for, "Don't judge a book by it's cover" thing.