Lissandra, the Ice Witch, Lore

123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kuwalda

04-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xin Wan View Post
Citation needed. This would basically change a whole of things, so I'd really like to know where you got it from.
Relevant from page 4 when the user Gixia joins in:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...2766548&page=4

All around same topic:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...ighlight=gixia

Xin Wan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-03-2013

Hm. I don't see it as saying that the League isn't important, but that Riot wants to find ways to tell stories outside of the League. Also that they want to find a way to make the summoners less important so the champions can really shine.

Given the summoners are faceless mage-shaped mannequins, I'm not sure why they think the summoners are important in the first place. Sure, the ones in charge of the Institute are, but they're a political force the same as any other one. Saying they steer fate is like saying Ashe or Swain steers fate - they're sure doing things that cause changes but so are a whole lot of other people.

Eh, I'm rambling and off-topic. So, how about that Ice Witch? Be pretty cool if we knew thing one about why she's joining the League.

Melancholy Exile

04-03-2013

My thoughts fall somewhere near your second suggestion:

As I see it, this is Lissandra using the approach of war as a way to expand her influence and begin acting openly, rather than being forced to work solely in the shadows. She joins the League to show Ashe that she's capable of standing up for herself, rather than relying on Avarosan protection, and exposes her allies to her "war form", acclimatising them to her magic and making her harsh approach more acceptable in their eyes. This way, when the inevitable war breaks out, it'll seem perfectly reasonable for her to be taking a more active role in the conflict. She can ensure Sejuani's forces are broken and secure her place in Ashe's good graces, all the while making sure that her own people establish their influence among the 'liberated' tribes.

TheGAM3Report

04-03-2013

It is Lissandra the Ice Witch Not the ice dervish. If you want the lore, gameplay and abilites. I have them here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0Obq0BPHvs

and here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfcWVON2nlA

Cerubois

04-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xin Wan View Post
Given the summoners are faceless mage-shaped mannequins, I'm not sure why they think the summoners are important in the first place. Sure, the ones in charge of the Institute are, but they're a political force the same as any other one. Saying they steer fate is like saying Ashe or Swain steers fate - they're sure doing things that cause changes but so are a whole lot of other people.
Thank you for bringing this up. The League has never gotten itself involved in disputes that do not threaten the world at large. They did not interfere with Ionia or Freljord before. They did not interfere when Noxus had its internal conflict. They would not interfere with Freljord's internal war.
The only times they actively stopped conflict in the world was when Ionia joined the League, and when the situation in Kalamanda got out of hand.

They do not rule the world. They do not control history. They hardly even control the champions. All they want is to save the world from the physical harm that was caused to it by the magic of the Rune Wars, by preventing any massive conflicts like them.

On a more relevant note, if Lissandra really is coming out with her plan to... destroy the world(?), by joining the League of all places(?), then she'll obviously have a lot of resistance to that plan. The Shadow Isles seem to have their own plans, and the other City-States are going to be a bigger threat than simply Freljord, or probably even the League itself.
It really bothers me when people who have lived for centuries, plotting and planning behind the scenes, suddenly decide to do something so illogical as reveal themselves without acting on their plans first. This isn't LeBlanc we're talking about. This is the Ice Witch, who has a deal with the trolls that are ransacking the villages of Freljord. Something is obviously wrong.

KobuZero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-03-2013

They just stole her lore from Chronicles of Narnia, don't even think this is legit please.

Kuwalda

04-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerubois View Post
Thank you for bringing this up. The League has never gotten itself involved in disputes that do not threaten the world at large. They did not interfere with Ionia or Freljord before. They did not interfere when Noxus had its internal conflict. They would not interfere with Freljord's internal war.
The only times they actively stopped conflict in the world was when Ionia joined the League, and when the situation in Kalamanda got out of hand.

They do not rule the world. They do not control history. They hardly even control the champions. All they want is to save the world from the physical harm that was caused to it by the magic of the Rune Wars, by preventing any massive conflicts like them.
If the League is relegated so little importance, why have it in the first place? Oh, I know, perhaps because the game is called League of Legends? The problem is that the gameplay and players are taken so far from the actual gameworld that they can't ever have any connection with the characters. The stories might as well be separated form the client side and published as completely separate entities. Except when Riot created the game, they were talking about LoL as a game that incorporates all aspects of video game design, from music, art and lore to balance and professional management, into a single immersive experience.
However, now the whole package is taken apart since the lore side of things isn't meshing with the actual gameplay.
As Eserine, someone you, Cerubois, are familiar with said: Legends Randomly Meeting In a Field.

Mutterscrawl

04-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KobuZero View Post
They just stole her lore from Chronicles of Narnia, don't even think this is legit please.
Her lore isn't anything like the White Witch's from what I remember, I think you're exaggerating.

Solzan Nemesis

04-03-2013

The real Lissandra is dead. Her mother is dead. same with her Grandma, Great Grandma and Great Great Grandma. The Ice Witch has been at this for a long time. I also think that the Ice Dervish bloodline stop center or so ago. The Last real Ice Dervish probably died about 100 years go. (my time guess though Riot makes it sound longer)

I think the Ice Witch has been having kids and when she gets old kills them and takes there place.To hid her immortality.

Grand Viper

04-03-2013

I posted this on the announcement thread, but I doubt it's going to be seen there.

What's going to happen to LeBlanc? Lissandra is essentially the Freljordian version of LeBlanc.

(Evaine) Emilia LeBlanc, The Deceiver:

The woman opened her mouth to speak, but a sharp wheeze cut her short. She snatched an embroidered handkerchief, speckled in blood, from the folds of her dress and used it to stifle a cough. She cleared her throat. "Brothers and sisters," she spoke weakly, "I have summoned you because I am old, and I have grown frail. I shall be one with the earth soon." She smiled, "The time has come for me to abdicate my position as Matron of the society." She coughed again, louder this time.

"There is one among you who has shown great promise and leadership," she continued, "One whose talents are outstripped only by her ambition and loyalty." She plucked the sparkling brooch from her hair, and the illusion fell away. Her porcelain skin turned ashen, her hair thin and stringy, and her eyes sunken. She extended a wrinkled hand towards LeBlanc, "Evaine, step forward and be recognized." LeBlanc stepped forward, accepting the bauble and nestling it into her neatly styled hair. Her predecessor offered her the staff. "Strange," remarked the old woman, "It's like looking in the mirror."

...LeBlanc threw back her head and laughed. "You think that I'm exposed, summoner?" she jeered. "You will never know LeBlanc. She is far older than I. She is older than your precious League." Swain nodded. The doors before her flew open, leaving her alone in the light. The League of Legends awaited her.

Lissandra, the Ice Witch:

Lissandra knew corrupting the Frostguard would take centuries, and so she launched her greatest deception. She murdered and stole the identity of the Frostguard leader. Then she slowly began to warp the tribe’s proud traditions. When her human form grew old, she faked her own death and then murdered her successor to steal her identity. With each generation, the Frostguard grew more insular, cruel and twisted.

----------------------------------------

I just feel that there is a lack of creativity if you have two people pretty much doing the same thing for similar motivations. LeBlanc came around first, her name is the Deceiver, it works very well for her, but with Lissandra...? I'm not sure, were there no other venues that could have been taken?

123456 ... 7