Lissandra, the Ice Witch, Lore

12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morec0

04-03-2013

Another Champion without any definitive reason for joining the League. Oh, no, I'm not complaining, I'm starting to see a good reason behind it:

Personally, I think there may be a few explanations for why she joined the League; instead of just one, concrete answer, though, they've chosen to leave it up in the air for the fans to decide and have fun with.

My thoughts, though:

1) They found her out, Quinn's reports led to an investigation and the League realized who she really is. Having no knowledge of the Watcher, though, they're not gonna act towards her as a threat, and she joined the League as a new Freljord representative.

2) Quinn rattled her cage. Similar to the above, but instead of the Summoners realizing who/what she was, she came out herself to buy a little more time before setting her plan into action, as well as learning the weaknesses of her greatest opponents (the League) from the inside.

3) She's ready to make her move and has joined the League as step one of that plan. She has her people, she has an entire Legion of trolls, she's ready to conqure Freljord and, from there, all of Valoran. All that remains is to topple the League so that no one can stand against her. That'll take time, but she's willing to take that time (that much is for certain).

4) She wants Ashe/Sejuani out of the picture before/now that she's ready to move. Once the last greatest threats to her power in Freljord have been removed, she'll be able to pull their followers to her cause and bolster her forces further. This may be similtanious with any of the above.

Agree, disagree, love me, hate me, but tell me what you think and post your own thoughts as well! Until next time, my fellow Summoners!

IS1c1d21220aa58ffe97d65

04-03-2013

A great move for Riot would be to actually create another Champion named Lissandra and have the last Princess be truly alive.... taking back the Frostguard and helping the 3 tribes join forces against the Ice Witch....

Ecclesias

04-03-2013

Lissandra lore implies the Frostguard are totally corrupted, so even if the true Lissandra showed up, i doubt anyone would follow her

Melancholy Exile

04-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS10aa58ffe97d65 View Post
A great move for Riot would be to actually create another Champion named Lissandra and have the last Princess be truly alive.... taking back the Frostguard and helping the 3 tribes join forces against the Ice Witch....
Quote:
When her human form grew old, she faked her own death and then murdered her successor to steal her identity.
The original Lissandra is rather dead for that.

IS1c1d21220aa58ffe97d65

04-03-2013

Riot can still retcon that the real Lissandra survived.... title of Ice Dervish lives on (in my heart)...

Morec0

04-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS10aa58ffe97d65 View Post
Might be a bit confusing, in all honesty.

Quote:
Summoner 1: Who are you playing?
Summoner 2: Lissandra.
Summoner 1: Which one?
Summoner 3: There's more than one Lissandra?
Summoner 4: Oh great, a noob. GG everyone.
*Summoner 4 Leaves*
... Okay, that MIGHT be a little far-fetched, but I'm sure it might cause some kind of coding errors too... Maybe. Eh, I don't know how these things work.

But, that IS something I didn't say: I don't like how they decided to stick with the last Princess' name instead of her attempting to use her own. Still, could be VERY interesting: the potential for her having, after impersonating SO many different people for SO many years, to forgotten her true identity and what she used to be like aside from her great purpose/quest.

Also... Does anyone else think that the Watches MIGHT be early Shadow Isles influences on Valoran? Or maybe even Void creature/prophets? I say Shadow Isles because of the kindn of hinting at undeath her lore has:

Quote:
That was the last day that warm blood ran through her veins.
On a purely basic level, that reffers to "she's a creature of ice now" but if you REALLY want to think about it, it could hint at some VERY early Ruined King plot.

And I say "maybe even Void" because... Well, 'cause I figured someone would suggest that at some point or be able to link something together that I'm not.

IS1c1d21220aa58ffe97d65

04-03-2013

The real Mauvole could've survived and spawned the real Ice Dervish Princess, Riot's got their lore people to get on that wagon, hope they do since I still want all 3 of Freljord's princesses to be present in game....

KuzAnn

04-03-2013

Might be interesting to shake things up and actually have her fail at her first attempt and then join the League for protection, since you're not allowed to kill League champions unless you want the entire organization to come down on you. They might let her in to get a better look at her magic and/or to keep an eye on her. The League is always on the lookout for new knowledge, I imagine.

Consider for a moment, something unforeseen comes up as she executes her plan, perhaps Anivia takes issue with what she's trying to do(Anivia embodying a force of nature rather than the unnatural twisting of it that Lissandra does), or Ashe receives significant foreign aid that allows her to fend off and defeat Lissandra's attack(I don't think Sej would even accept foreign aid, which is why I'm using Ashe as an example). Anyway, Lissandra is defeated, hovering near true death, something she hasn't experienced in centuries, she escapes, and suddenly there's a High Councilor standing in front of her. The High Councilor gives her two options: join and serve the League or be left to die at the hands of her enemies.

That's just my take, anyway. Might be more interesting to have her fail the first attempt and maintain some lingering tension that way.

Kuwalda

04-03-2013

I'm not sure why people still don't know this, but the League in the new lore is simply a place the champions go to have a fight after a hard day in reality (for whatever reasons). It will no longer have any significant importance in the world of Runaterra. That's why new champions (and retcons) are more strongly tied to their respective city-states/regions and have no real reason to join the league.

Xin Wan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuwalda View Post
I'm not sure why people still don't know this, but the League in the new lore is simply a place the champions go to have a fight after a hard day in reality (for whatever reasons). It will no longer have any significant importance in the world of Runaterra. That's why new champions (and retcons) are more strongly tied to their respective city-states/regions and have no real reason to join the league.
Citation needed. This would basically change a whole of things, so I'd really like to know where you got it from.

12345 ... 7