[Suggestion] Shard of True Ice.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RyKell

04-03-2013

Shard of True Ice
Cost: 1700
+45 Ability Power

UNIQUE Passive - Lucky Shadow: +4 Gold per 10 seconds
UNIQUE Aura - Mana Warp: Grants nearby allied champions +6 Mana Regen per 5 seconds.
UNIQUE Active: Surrounds an ally with a blizzard for 4 seconds that slows nearby enemy movement speed by 30% (60 second cooldown).

Suggested change

Shard of True Ice
Cost: 1700
+45 Ability Power

UNIQUE Passive - Lucky Shadow: +4 Gold per 10 seconds
UNIQUE Aura - Mana Warp: Grants nearby allied champions +6 Mana Regen per 5 seconds.
UNIQUE Active: Surrounds an ally with a blizzard for 4 seconds that slows nearby enemy movement speed by 20%. Basic attacks and abilities by the ally slow the targets movement speed 10% for 1 second. (60 second cooldown). (I am unsure of how long to make the slow duration for it to feel useful but not too strong for the cost efficiency of the item.)

Okay, to start, I main support. I'm around Gold, not a pro player or anything.
I love Shard of True Ice. I like the effect it has because it feels unique, and when properly used, feels awesome. However, it is highly situational, and because of the relatively short aura range, will sometimes feel negligible.

I feel the change I suggested will enable it to be used more than as a niche item pick. It would always be useful, although not overpoweringly so. Most importantly, it would be consistent. Your carries can benefit from this, while this item will still remain strong on tanks when used properly. The gold cost might need to be touched a bit, as might the cooldown, but overall, it would feel more awesome and useful overall.

awkwardbowman

04-03-2013

So it essentially gives them a free Rylai's and Frozen Mallet passive at the same time.
I like. Stats may need changing, but would love to see this happen. I might build Shard then

RyKell

04-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by awkwardbowman View Post
So it essentially gives them a free Rylai's and Frozen Mallet passive at the same time.
I like. Stats may need changing, but would love to see this happen. I might build Shard then
Maybe knock it down to 35/40 Ability power, cost 1750/1800 gold, and cooldown increase to 75 seconds. Overall, I feel it is definitely worth it for the increased versatility.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-03-2013

The only reason I can see this being necessary is if your team doesn't have a melee initiator.

Which would mean you have someone like Ashe, Zyra, Lux, etc. someone who can snag with a hard CC skill shot to begin the fight on someone out of position for an advantage.

Which would make it redundant.

Sorry, I'm not exactly the imaginative type, and I'm seeing very few, niche scenarios in which this is better :/

RyKell

04-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMyBassCannon View Post
The only reason I can see this being necessary is if your team doesn't have a melee initiator.

Which would mean you have someone like Ashe, Zyra, Lux, etc. someone who can snag with a hard CC skill shot to begin the fight on someone out of position for an advantage.

Which would make it redundant.

Sorry, I'm not exactly the imaginative type, and I'm seeing very few, niche scenarios in which this is better :/
The thing is, it would still be good for that situation of melee initiator, but would also help your carry kite if enemies jump on him should you use it on him instead. My feeling right now, if it is not used on a tank for whatever reason, it feels almost like a complete waste.

awkwardbowman

04-04-2013

It allows you to use this item even if you don't have the initiator nearby. ADC's etc that need to kite don't get too much use from the active since people shouldn't be getting near them, and since supports are usually near them ADC's would probably be the main target for the active (until mid-late game). Buying Shard late game is kind of stupid, for some obvious reasons, but this could allow it to be more appealing early game.

Based Bob Ross

04-05-2013

That would be good. Because right now, it does absolutely nothing for ranged champs. I'd accept this change even if the lucky shadow passive was removed.