In your opinions, what are the best/worst champions to draw in ARAM?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

regalic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milenkov View Post
As the title says, I am wondering what you believe the best and worst champions to draw are (Top 5 of each, or even just some particularly strong examples).
Best

Heimerdinger
Sona
Galio
Zyra
Soraka

Worst

Eve
Fizz
LeBlanc
Riven
Akali

The top 5 are all great team fighters with lots of AoE and or game changing ults, while the bottom 5 are assassians that can't assassinate because its always a team fight.

MaekMeASandwich

04-10-2013

Absolute worst = poppy

newbin

04-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le MisÚrable View Post

5 - Sion

If AP, your shield gets blown up instantly
If AD, get kited and die.

I don't agree with sion being on the worst list his stun is useful and played right he does ok.
I've dominated with him before you just have to wait for mid/late game and build tanky bruiser.
You have to play him as a tanky assassin as AD and let someone else initiate.

RipCarlin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-11-2013

Sona is hands down the best pickup.
Her auras are just way too good when there are 5 people benefiting from them. Her sustain is unmatched by any except maybe a Soraka. She has amazing burst poke and utility out the ass for everyone.

Heimer is a King because he pushes down turrets like no other. His poke/zoning-ability is among the best and his passive sustain aura is about on par with Alistar spamming E all game, perhaps even better.

Master Yi while easily countered by CC, can still fight through it if played intelligently. Unless the enemy team has a Veigar who can stun Yi no matter what with ease, Yi can maneuver in ways to avoid stuns. 1 reset and it's probably a pentakill. It's almost impossible to stun him during Q spam unless he has to close distance for the next Q.

Nidalee is highly overrated. Her teamfighting sucks (Which is what ARAM is 90% of the time). She's only a beast when the enemy team doesn't have decent engage, build squishy, and can't dodge/block spears. She's about average. If she didn't have a heal should would be pretty awful in almost every game.

--Nasus is a better AP Poke than Nid imho. He doesn't burst much with his E, but it ZONES the enemy team very hard. No one wants to stand in AP Nasus E. You either fight him or get zoned behind your turret. He's also unhindered by creep waves. He can hit all 5 enemies inside a creep wave and do way more damage than a Nidalee Q. And his teamfight is 100x better with his utilities and HP% AOE ult.

Maokai is one of my favorites though that few else seems to like. Great poke with onions, AMAZING Ult both damage and damage reduction, one of the top 5 initiators (He WILL catch you with Twisted Advance), and a solid amount of CC. He can carry a game on his back quite easily. And killing people with onions that chase them down is so satisfying.

SylianEUW

04-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by regalic View Post
Worst

...LeBlanc
I don't think LeBlanc is that bad. If the enemy team has at least one squishy, she can burst them really hard. She's quite good for pubstomping, and a lot of PG tends to be pubstomping. I suppose she might not be ideal for tournament play, I haven't really tried any competetive ARAM. Even then, I'd think there are many champions that are worse than LeBlanc.

Sorbon

04-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaekMeASandwich View Post
Absolute worst = poppy
This... I don't get how Udyr's making so many lists but not poppy.

Tank Udyr can stun way more often, more reliably, than any other tank, and his turtle stance gives him huge sustain. Udyr's not top 5, but he's not bottom 5 either. People playing him like he's a m-adc is the problem. Play him as a tank, and he'll outshine a lot of 'true' tanks.

Mathaios

04-12-2013

As far as how adam rolls with champions and bans (Not based on pritorities):

-Jayce
-Nidalee
-Ziggs
-Sona
-Master Yi
-Blitzcrank
-Lux
-Alistar

Champions with long range poke with high damage and champions with huge team sustain.

Dunno if this could affect some champions more than others, but lowering the damage on a specific proyectile range could work for some champions and to reduce the healing of spells.

Another thing could be the addition of the Flask from Summoner rift, helping champions with little to none sustain. But again, this + sustain champions could be bigger problem.

AuntieJemima

05-06-2013

Top 5
1. Xerath
2. Ziggs
3. Lux
4. Varus
5. Anivia

-Very powerful poke. If your good with skillshots, kills are every easy to get.
-These champs can clear a wave extremely quickly by themselves. This is good if your the only one alive.

Bottom 5
1. Udyr
2. Shyvana
3. Akali
4. Mordekaiser
5. Nasus

-Some of these champions are most often played tanky (Shyvana, Morde, Udyr) and this reduces their potential damage. CC or poke keeps them easily at bay. Building damage makes them extremely squishy.
-Nasus has a phreak slow and good wave clear, but his siphoning strike won't ever become as powerful as it could be (unless you happen to last hit every single minions with Q),

lxpq15

05-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipCarlin View Post
Great poke with onions
>onions

wat

Thieves Forest

05-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancor Rising View Post

While AD Zilean is great, his autoattack range is only 600, which is tied with Anivia and less than Annie's 625.
And far less than late game Tristana and Caitlyn