Lissandra, the Ice Witch, revealed

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SlightlySuicidal

04-03-2013

interesting

always wanted puck's orb in this game.

and her ult can be used like phase shift which is kind of interesting. i cant wait to see her cds, spell range, animations, etc.

Morec0

04-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcturo Cain View Post
New champ lore is getting bland..You never explain why a champion joins the League anymore, you just explain what the champion is (which is fine, you did that with your earlier lore and champions from like a year ago) and not why they joined the League..For example, Riven joined the league because she had nowhere else to go, and she still wanted to fight(Her judgement and lore explain her reasons, as it does for nearly every other champion, aside from the past few new ones.)

Just getting lazy with lore or...?

Just want more $$ so you simplify champions stories so shes basic and easy to understand?

Or you just focus too much on the LCS, and Tier lists for champions.
Personally, I think there may be a few explanations for why she joined the League (instead of just one, concrete answer, though, they've chosen to leave it up in the air for the fans to decide and have fun with)

My thoughts, though:

1) They found her out, Quinn's reports led to an investigation and the League realized who she really is. Having no knowledge of the Watcher, though, they're not gonna act towards her as a threat, and she joined the League as a new Freljord representative.

2) Quinn rattled her cage. Similar to the above, but instead of the Summoners realizing who/what she was, she came out herself to buy a little more time before setting her plan into action, as well as learning the weaknesses of her greatest opponents (the League) from the inside.

3) She's ready to make her move and has joined the League as step one of that plan. She has her people, she has an entire Legion of trolls, she's ready to conqure Freljord and, from there, all of Valoran. All that remains is to topple the League so that no one can stand against her. That'll take time, but she's willing to take that time (that much is for certain).

4) She wants Ashe/Sejuani out of the picture before/now that she's ready to move. Once the last greatest threats to her power in Freljord have been removed, she'll be able to pull their followers to her cause and bolster her forces further. This may be similtanious with any of the above.

Undertakerjj

04-03-2013

I'm definitely going to buy the bundle for this one!

Freak of Nurture

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotWenceslaus View Post

Lissandra can cast Frozen Tomb on herself, ensuring her own survival as she uses her other abilities to set up kills.
Wait, does this mean that she can cast spells while frozen?

ISpeakJapanese

04-03-2013

Cool, but why so many ice themed champs? It would be cool to get some use from some underrepresented elements like wind, psychic, earth, or lightning which only a few champions use right now.

NVDax

04-03-2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BP-jJTqbwXI

Lets us see how Demacia stands against this badass!

LeagueBrains

04-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartage View Post
Not even a little.
You really don't see the resemblance?

I suggest you remove the testes from your eye sockets, replace them with standard issue eyeballs and look again.

Dustinsanity

04-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak of Nurture View Post
Wait, does this mean that she can cast spells while frozen?
The plot thickens!

Chromolord

04-03-2013

Cool!!! It seems that Riot Games has taken quite a liking to ice-based champions recently, with the updates to Trundle and Sejuani.

Redamz

04-03-2013

Meh, I never liked Puck.