Tribunal = spam punish?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

perroculiao

04-03-2013

Hi, recently I've read a lot of tribunal threads on the forums and how its use translates to spam punish and move on. So I decide to give it a try.

I get my first 20 cases...voted most of them pardon because the games showcased had 1 report, that I assumed was from the butt hurt feeder that was called out by the player and sometimes 1 game with massive reports from both allies and enemies. But 1 bad game is not ban worthy right? RIGHT? WRONG all those cases that I pardoned got punished and by overwhelming majority. And of course where I voted punish it was the correct outcome.

/rant

So what makes write this thread. this **** right here, this case where this poor fella got reported by an ally and enemy for verbal abuse and this the chat log.

Caitlyn [All] [00:07:21] dang.
Lux [All] [00:07:33] why you guys have such a weird team
Caitlyn [All] [00:07:44] we playing with low lvl friends so we gotta do our best ^_^
Lux [All] [00:07:49] oh..
Caitlyn [All] [00:12:22] k im getting mr
Caitlyn [All] [00:12:39] we trading that blue
Caitlyn [All] [00:16:26] My god.
Lux [All] [00:16:39] ? what
Caitlyn [All] [00:16:48] lux is broken -.- so much burst
Lux [All] [00:16:56] lux isnt broken wtf lol
Caitlyn [All] [00:17:08] you only have dorans + book -.-
Caitlyn [All] [00:17:12] and u burst like crazy.
Caitlyn [All] [00:17:14] i need more Mr
Lux [All] [00:17:17] thats not broken dude
Tristana [All] [00:17:20] you have no mr or health
Lux [All] [00:17:23] its just how lux is
Olaf [All] [00:31:20] ggwo
Olaf [All] [00:31:21] ggwp
Tristana [All] [00:31:22] gg
Dr. Mundo [All] [00:31:22] gg
Lux [All] [00:31:23] gg
Irelia [All] [00:31:26] gg wp
Leona [All] [00:31:29] gg

Irelia was the player being judged, note his abusive "ggwp" at the end of the game. Totally bannable.

I can't believe this **** gets to the tribunal. I'm voting pardon on this one but I bet my 130k ip that its getting punished. Sincerely the tribunal is the worst **** i ever participated, tight next to dominion lol. RIOT plox re-evaluate this ****. Also is it really necessary the permaban counter on the justice review. I gotta admit that i got tempted to just spam punish to see how many could i get.

Pressing enter to type something should make a warning appear saying "You're so going to the tribunal for this"

TLR: RIOT fix ur **** ty, ppl are just spamming punish.

HoopSmurf

04-03-2013

failbunal

AnonTwo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-03-2013

You only posted one part of the chat log.

You more than likely don't get how it works.

jaymc1130

04-03-2013

Tribunal is a joke, and at this point we all know it. Its a totally failed system, in concept and execution. Tribunal is bad and Riot should feel bad.

But they don't

They just released new skins and a reworked champ and made a buttload of money...

Greed > Morals, this is the lesson Riot teaches us. Are we surprised that the community follows this lead?

Illabye

04-03-2013

You, like many other whiners on these forums, don't understand how the Tribunal works. Shock.

jaymc1130

04-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by perroculiao View Post
TLR: RIOT fix ur **** ty, ppl are just spamming punish.
Duh? Been that way for months on end.

jaymc1130

04-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illabye View Post
You, like many other whiners on these forums, don't understand how the Tribunal works. Shock.
Does any one at this point understand how tribunal works? The OP may be new, but that doesn't change the fact that a vast majority of the tribunal are punish spamming trolls who troll in game too. Any one who doubts this hasn't been paying attention.

Edit: Seems like even though he is brand new he hit the nail on the head saying the tribunal is punish happy. Seems like YOU don't understand how the tribunal works these days if even this new kid gets the reality and you don't.

perroculiao

04-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonTwo View Post
You only posted one part of the chat log.

You more than likely don't get how it works.
that is the WHOLE chat log for that game

AnonTwo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymc1130 View Post
Does any one at this point understand how tribunal works? The OP may be new, but that doesn't change the fact that a vast majority of the tribunal are punish spamming trolls who troll in game too. Any one who doubts this hasn't been paying attention.
Spamming Punish does not actually hurt the system, in fact spamming pardon hurts it more.

It's more or less an auto punish system with so many checks and balances in it that it's unlikely a good person will get so much as a warning, let alone any bans, let alone perma ban. The likelihood of it is virtually impossible (it does happen, but thats because there is a margin of error...it's not as large as you think)

Keep in mind, to get to tribunal to begin with, you need to have a report rate of 10%, that means 1/10 players in every game needs to report you at least. So if you have 300 games, you need 300 reports in order to reach tribunal. That's a lot. It can be lower or higher, but it's based on the repetition of your bad games.

So lets check, to get so much as a ban you need:
-To be reported at least once in every single solitary game. Fewer if reported by more than one person, but if you've seen reports it's rarely more than one person.
-Lets not forget if you get a lot of false reports, the weight of your reports is reduced, aka your reports are less likely to send people to tribunal.

-Get on tribunal

-Get punished, not always spammed

-Get warned

-Repeat step 1-3

-Get banned

-You would then need to somehow do this consistently for 2-3 more bans to reach perma.

-If you reached perma, a rioter would do a final review, meaning if you've ever been perma-banned, a employee reviewed, not just 'kids' if thats what you think.

Does that really sound unfair?

Tribubnal isn't 'the system', it's just another safety net in the system. The system starts from the report system itself.

Quote:
that is the WHOLE chat log for that game
Okay, what about the rest of the case?

I'd love to see things like the report tickets, the KDA, etc.

perroculiao

04-03-2013

Quote:
Keep in mind, to get to tribunal to begin with, you need to have a report rate of 10%, that means 1/10 players in every game needs to report you at least. So if you have 300 games, you need 300 reports in order to reach tribunal. That's a lot. It can be lower or higher, but it's based on the repetition of your bad games.
This game is a fine example that ppl report because they can...this guy got 2 report for free so 10% report rate is totally feasible.

Quote:
Okay, what about the rest of the case?

I'd love to see things like the report tickets, the KDA, etc.
He carried as irelia 16/6 at the end of the match and the report tickets were empty.