Too many jerks, How can we change it?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Athryil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-03-2013

So to start with I do not think this is a league of legends problem. I think it's a real life problem. Yes I do think some people are mean just because they are on the internet and can hide behind Anonymity. Yet think of high school, college, people at your work, people who you do work for. There are tons of jerks out there. I don't think some one who is fundamentaly mean on league of legends is a nice person in real life. I imagine they are nice when it suits them (i.e. keeping a job) but with there friends they are probably still jerk bags. People do bad in the game, yes it can be frustrating, no yelling at them in chat does not help, yes even you doing the yelling has probably been harassed in the same exact way. This needs to stop. Only way to do it is lead by example. Everyone should personally re-evaluate their commitment to the "summoner's code" and really try to be positive to other players even if they rain down a shyt storm of hate on your head. I know there is the tribunal, and riot works hard at this game and its community. I have never seen another game company as proactive in its development as Riot (you can agree to disagree this is MY opinion). But we the community need to come up with something as well. I'm open to suggestions, because I don't know what to do. Some time real life sucks and I play games to relieve stress. LoL should not be adding to that stress level. I would like to see some positive suggestions in this thread about what we can do to change this overall negative gaming experience a lot of summoners are experiencing. I want to defend what I enjoy doing and not see it turn to trash. (Sorry for the long post, not always good at putting things into words)

Rueian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-03-2013

Thats not entirely true...
you'd be surprised.
There are plenty of nice people offline that have issues with online games.

There really isn't anything you can do without isolating part of the player base, which is what riot is already doing.

Athryil

04-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rueian View Post
Thats not entirely true...
you'd be surprised.
I would like suggestions on how to adjust player behavior, not your comments on my opinion please. I don't want a debate. I would like people who might feel the same way I do post solutions. Thank you.

Rueian

04-03-2013

you can't adjust player behavior.
they have to do it themselves... some are just stuck in such ruts that they dont really know how to go about it.
giving suggestions to the player doesn't really do much for them because not everything works for everyone.