Journey Into The Freljord VI: Journey’s End

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS1a82211ce16abdb3bd5a9

04-05-2013

Is this lore before of after the canon lore when IronStylus kills Trundle?

Thanias1

04-07-2013

I see a unification between Ashe and Sej to save Frejlord from the trolls and Lissandra incoming. Anyone agree?

rjsdndgod

04-07-2013

I was hoping for something about gragas, maybe coming soon?

Edit: never mind I thought I heard somewhere that gragas bar is in the frejlord

Edit 2: also nothing about tryndamere

Datharon

04-07-2013

One Queen takes another... either way, checkmate!

Samuel L Jaxx

04-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEnygma View Post
it still feels weird awkward calling "the Freljord" rather than just "Freljord".

"I'm gonna take a trip around the Canada with a friend who comes from the France"

The Dominican Republic (not to be confused with Dominica)
The Ivory Coast / Cote d'Ivoire
The Marshall Islands
The Northern Marianas Islands
The Solomon Islands
The United Arab Emirates / The UAE
The United Kingdom / The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland / The UK
The United States of America / The United States / The USA
The Vatican City (also the Holy See, which refers to its government. A see is the jurisdiction of a bishop or other senior religious figure)
The Czech Republic (its government in 1993 promoted Czechia as an informal yet officially sanctioned name, but it never caught on in English, nor did the locals like Czecho)

Less Obvious Examples

This list ignores archaic names, like 'The Lebanon' and 'The Argentine'.

The Bahamas: Possibly originates from Spanish - baja mar means 'low sea', although some suggest the indigenous Lucayans called their land ba-ha-ma , meaning 'large upper middle land'.
The Gambia: Refers to the river that the small West African country surrounds. If the British colonists had heard correctly, both river and country would be called Ba-Dimmer.
The Netherlands (and by extension, the Netherlands Antillies): Literally means 'the low countries', which is in itself anachronistic since the country has been a single state since the seventeenth century. The Dutch call their own home 'the low country'.
The Philippines: A contraction of The Philippine Islands, which was what the country was called prior to gaining independence. It was first named Las Islas Filipinas after King Philip II of Spain, and was then frequently renamed (Spanish East Indies, New Castille and Saint Lazarus Islands). Evidently 'Phil's Islands' didn't take the cake.
The Seychelles: A somewhat exotic-sounding name that actually came from a French finance Minister, Jean Moreau de Sechelles. The name referred to several islands which were collectively known as the 'Seychelles Islands', and eventually was contracted down to 'The Seychelles'.
The Sudan: A case of outsiders naming (and hence defining) a country - the Arabs called the area Bilad as-sudan ('land of the blacks'). In English and other languages the definite article is less commonly used nowadays, but it is used in the official name: Jumhuriyat as-Sudan.
The Ukraine: In Russian, literally means 'the borderland'. while in Ukrainian, literally means 'the country'. Conveniently, this allows both countries to hold egocentric tendencies without offending each other. In English the definite article is sometimes removed.

EDIT: Also THE VATICAN.

Ishpard

04-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanias1 View Post
I see a unification between Ashe and Sej to save Frejlord from the trolls and Lissandra incoming. Anyone agree?
I agree. I hope that happens. As i would love to see Trundle betraying the Ice Witch... I don't think he is truly a bad guy.

I also want a new Ice Dervish, to complete the three sisters formation. Maybe Lissandra's little sister?. I mean, since the true Lissandra is long gone now...

Leoric Wuju

04-11-2013

So it begins. A new chapter for the war-story of the League!

Keep it coming! Show the world how epic stories are written

Avalon Bright

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-12-2013

Downvoted for Kitae ****ting all over story.

Liath

04-12-2013

Calling it now.. actually 2 days ago.. this is the beginning of the intro for MAGMA CHAMBER

MKDkilla

04-14-2013

dick****a