Odd champ choices in high ELO.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheCookieLab

04-03-2013

I always just play whatever I feel like (which is probably why I'm low elo)

Volandum

04-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kholdstare13 View Post
Kog's not DEAD in s3 to QUITE that extent, but a lot of his old power is gone. Old passive LB vision, stronger ranged slows from mallet, the cheaper cost of AS, etc. Bruisers have just been getting more and more of an advantage against him, which is why the pd build is so popular, since he gets extra mobility to position within his team. Kitae/hurricane can still be a nice build, but it's just less popular right now. Annie is a nice versatile pick, I just can't get used to the new W targeting.
All this shows is that you can build anything on Kog'Maw and still carry games, he has insane free damage on practically everything that scales well into lategame with most stats (except for the people who really insist on stacking AP on AP Kog'Maw, those people get on my nerves - they still do incredible damage though).

Kholdstare13

04-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volandum View Post
All this shows is that you can build anything on Kog'Maw and still carry games, he has insane free damage on practically everything that scales well into lategame with most stats (except for the people who really insist on stacking AP on AP Kog'Maw, those people get on my nerves - they still do incredible damage though).
Have you SEEN what a stacked AP kog'maw can do with a focus on CDR, mana pool/regen and some mpen? He can practically teamfight top and gank bot at the same time from the stormshields, and do it WELL! (I exaggerate but you get my point.). Yes, he is very versatile, and really can make rgeat use of any offensive stat. He has good steroids for AD (range and passive Q as), amazing tank-busting on-hit ability, and great ratios with a supreme range spammable ult for AP.

inFe eD

04-03-2013

Quote:
people who really insist on stacking AP on AP Kog'Maw
Quote:
Have you SEEN what a stacked AP kog'maw can do with a focus on CDR, mana pool/regen and some mpen?
Read.

Talith PA

04-03-2013

Kog'Maw needs a tower of hats to fuel his rampage.

HaIfhearted

04-03-2013

Well, I dunno about the other high elos, but me? I just spam Lebonk and Hecarim in solo q, because they're fun as hell.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-03-2013

Ok, thanks for the answers. I just assumed that in his feeds, it was like a tournament or something. It had like game 1 and game 2 of PECS vs someone else. hence I assumed it was a reasonable reflection of the top tier champs.

Volandum

04-03-2013

If it was a tournament the top picks would have been banned out.

konfetarius

04-03-2013

Honestly, a lot of the top picks don't get banned/picked because some teams don't have anyone who actually plays those champions (or has the one person who can play them obviously pick something else). If everyone could play the OPs to their requisite OP status potential, you would see them constantly.

Eyemite

04-03-2013

The tier list is not the written law especially in high elo it is more of a general guide. Many players at a certain level can play alot of champs effectively it is more of a matter of knowing the strengths and limitations of the champs as well as what you can and cannot do against other champs in context of your team and the team you are playing in your general elo range.