ARAM is getting really toxic.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cloudbat

04-03-2013

People are seeing ARAM as basically a "Troll zone" where they can do or say anything they want and not be punished because RIOT doesnt punish "Custom Games". Im tired of seeing people get verbally abused, then trolled because ARAM is "Just for fun". I agree its for fun, but flaming your teamates and gloating to the enemy team is uncalled for and is not fun at all for anyone. You sign in to League of Legends before you play anything. That means you agree to abide by the summoners code no matter what game type you play.

Beravin

04-03-2013

What do you mean "getting really toxic"? Its been horribly toxic for a long time now. Granted, its getting worse lately, but its always been pretty bad. I mean, it was even a problem back in SR ARAM, where people would troll / be bad sports. I'm just waiting for Riot to release the matchmaker, then I'll be able to work myself up to where people actually care.

Youniverse

04-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudbat View Post
People are seeing ARAM as basically a "Troll zone" where they can do or say anything they want and not be punished because RIOT doesnt punish "Custom Games".
A lot of my tribunal cases have at least 1 proving grounds game in it so they do get punished. In fact, a couple weeks ago there was a thread about some guy being perma-banned for trolling in aram. Still though, you are correct in that people generally have a lot less respect for custom games. Hopefully ARAM will change for the better when it becomes a normal mode.

LrdVprScrpn

04-03-2013

ARAM/custom reports DO go to Tribunal.

Le Misérable

04-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LrdVprScrpn View Post
ARAM/custom reports DO go to Tribunal.
Indeed. People go into custom games thinking they're safe but they're not.

Dukasho

04-03-2013

I always report toxic players, and afk's. Custom game or not your subject to the terms of service when you log in to the client. Ruining other players gaming experience just because you think you a right to do so just because "it's an ARAM who cares" is so irritating.

I just hope that next patch they release matchmaking.

AntiToxin

04-04-2013

Good to know that custom game trolling/abuse can be reportable. Can we get a red to confirm. Tired of the "Riot doesn't punish custom games" argument. Same goes for Co-Op AI games, people flame and troll and afk there to a lot.

Jeddite

04-04-2013

You don't need a red to "confirm" -- there are plenty of Tribunal participants (of which I am one) who can vouch that ARAM and Co-OP AI games are reportable and do show in the Tribunal.

AntiToxin

04-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeddite View Post
You don't need a red to "confirm" -- there are plenty of Tribunal participants (of which I am one) who can vouch that ARAM and Co-OP AI games are reportable and do show in the Tribunal.
I only ask cuz I have friends that only believe with their eyes, and it would be nice to be able to link them a thread where Riot backs-up reporting in custom games. It's not like I don't believe what you guys say, I just want conformation. If you offended by this then I am sorry you got offended I just like to have it "straight from the horses mouth" as the saying goes.

LrdVprScrpn

04-04-2013

If you poke around in this forum there is a guy who was permabanned 100% from ARAM games.

My only Tribunal warning is from raging at troll teammates in ARAM games. I would link you my reform card but the link expired at the end of March.