Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Relation between Diana and Leona

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kittizack

04-02-2013

Everyone who ever read their lores would know that they are naturally opponents. Sadly. But everytime I read in postings there is/was more than a friendship between them, even ... secret love? Is that true or just speculations? I would be happy about this.

OriginalA

04-03-2013

They weren't always enemies.

After Leona ascended as the avatar of the sun she was trained at the peak of Mt. Targon where the Solari Temple and the Solari members resided.

Diana, at the time, was a Solari scholar. She admired Leona from afar. She had a crush on her.

Eventually Diana, pursuing her own goals, found enough clues to find the lost temple of the Lunari. There she found the armor and weapon of the avatar of the moon. Diana brought these back to the Solari Elders and stated that she had been right all along and that this was proof of the Lunari's existence (she had been going on about this for quite some time and the Elders have been denying it every time and punishing her each time). So Elders decide that enough is enough and that since Diana has continued to go on and on about the Lunari they declare her a heretic and sentence her to death. Before they can kill her though she ascends and becomes the avatar of the moon. ... Then she kills just about everyone in the temple and leaves it in ruins. She finds out the truth while she's there too: the Solari Elders knew all along that the Lunari existed at one point in time... The Solari had wiped them out. Diana then meets up with Leona at some point in time (it is unclear if she met her there at the top shortly after razing the temple or elsewhere) and she attempts to plead her case to Leona, to make Leona understand that she was justified in killing the Solari Elders, but Leona won't listen. To Leona, the slaughter that Diana had wrought is unforgivable. At that point in time Diana made a decision... that all those who would deny the moon deserve only death. It was at that moment that Leona became Diana's enemy.

Soo, yeah, Diana is pretty much just some random Solari acolyte as far as Leona is concerned until Diana became the avatar of the moon and slaughtered a bunch of people, at which point Diana was clearly a "bad guy" and had no justification on attacking the just and selfless Solari. On the flip side, Leona is this awesome heroic figure that Diana spies on from afar while they both go about their daily lives. Leona already exemplifies all that is good and just in the Solari. Leona stands up for her ideals and convictions even if it means death. Leona's so cool <3 At least that was how it was before Diana ascended. She still admires Leona, but she won't allow Leona's ignorance stop her... even if it means killing her. And Diana isn't exactly sure she can do that either, or at least she isn't sure she can survive it. She's a bit of a fatalist. Considering she's basically taking on the whole of the Solari alone... yeah, okay, not exactly good chances.

Also... Just played my first game as Diana... AWESOME!

Kittizack

04-03-2013

Wow, I feel bad for her... I read the lores once but what you write is such a tragic story about misunderstandings and intolerance... I thank you alot for your posting! It sounds so different now... I need a book of their story. Now. :c

So, Diana had a crush? Since then? I just though she admired her only (why ever - perhaps because Leona's view of the world?). Okay, she still admire but why? And... what would happen if Leona would listen to her... So many questions...

And yeah, she's pretty cool and awesome to handle. Love her playstyle. <3

darkwithless

04-05-2013

I will first state that I have a bias toward shipping these two together, mostly from the fact that Both of them are heretics and I take some issue with their lore. (but first)

Leona Diana are basically Yin and Yang, they are forever together and inseparable. Leona is a stable, defender of the light. Diana is an unstable aggressor of the 'dark' (moon light is light but is usually stereotyped as dark because stupid).

Then there is the astro reason: Moon light is just reflected Sun light, without the Sun there is no moon light. So Diana's powers would probably be strongest at high noon on a cloudless day standing as close to Leona as possible as opposed to midnight.

Ok lore, Diana was a heretic because she thought differently, maybe the moon isn't so bad, and then found an old temple of the Lunari. Leona was also a heretic because she thought differently, it is not necessary to kill the looser of a Right of Kor.

The response in both cases from the village elders was off with their heads. Before they could be executed both were blessed with their armors. The difference was that Leona gained the Iron Solari in public, making her untouchable by the elders, without destroying their credibility with their people. Diana wasn't anywhere public, her execution was basically in the private chambers of the elders, there was no one to back her up, she had no allies to begin with, and her armor was 'evil heretical armor.' Not to mention that the elders' resentment of Leona living probably carried over to her. Diana got a kill or be killed situation, Leona got a free pass.

(edit: this is where I take issue with the lore) I could see Leona being pissed off, but having enough intelligence and personal experience to realize that the elders were doing far more harm than good by keeping secrets from their people and executing anyone who threatened the choke hold they had on the solari.

Then my mind goes into thinking that Leona would say something on the lines of not letting Diana kill anyone else, and not letting Diana fall into such a situation again. I interpret Leona as the defender of her people first and her people's ways second. Diana is one of Leona's people, and therefore someone she must protect. And then Diana finally gets to spend time with the person she admired for so long ... (thinking up fanfics). Lore-ish reasons done, feel free to rip apart.

IceHound

Recruiter

04-05-2013

So long story short, Diana is just a bit of a crazy cookie that doesn't seem to be entirely there(prob went a bit insane from all the punishments she took) as Leona..is just yeah Leona.

OriginalA

04-05-2013

Quote:
(edit: this is where I take issue with the lore) I could see Leona being pissed off, but having enough intelligence and personal experience to realize that the elders were doing far more harm than good by keeping secrets from their people and executing anyone who threatened the choke hold they had on the solari.

But as far as I can tell, Leona doesn't know that the Elders were suppressing information. Leona never saw the bad side of the Solari like Diana did. Leona is on the receiving end of that suppressed information. She doesn't know everything. And because of that she won't listen to Diana because as far as Leona can tell, Diana just up and slaughtered a bunch of innocent people, when in Diana's eyes she brought to justice a bunch of liars and conspirators.

Also, going on with the idea that Leona defends her people first and their traditions second, look at it this way. Diana is one person, who is pronounced a heretic (that mark on her head is a symbol used by the Solari to clearly mark heresy; Diana cannot deny that she was marked by the Solari for heretical ideas). She slaughtered a temple's worth of people. From Leona's perspective, that is a failing on her own part. She failed to protect her own temple, her elders, her followers, her people from this one heretic.

Captain Pug

05-15-2014

It is assumed that Diana still is in love with Leona.

Dêstroy

08-22-2014

Quote:
darkwithless:
I will first state that I have a bias toward shipping these two together, mostly from the fact that Both of them are heretics and I take some issue with their lore. (but first)

Leona Diana are basically Yin and Yang, they are forever together and inseparable. Leona is a stable, defender of the light. Diana is an unstable aggressor of the 'dark' (moon light is light but is usually stereotyped as dark because stupid).

Then there is the astro reason: Moon light is just reflected Sun light, without the Sun there is no moon light. So Diana's powers would probably be strongest at high noon on a cloudless day standing as close to Leona as possible as opposed to midnight.

Ok lore, Diana was a heretic because she thought differently, maybe the moon isn't so bad, and then found an old temple of the Lunari. Leona was also a heretic because she thought differently, it is not necessary to kill the looser of a Right of Kor.

The response in both cases from the village elders was off with their heads. Before they could be executed both were blessed with their armors. The difference was that Leona gained the Iron Solari in public, making her untouchable by the elders, without destroying their credibility with their people. Diana wasn't anywhere public, her execution was basically in the private chambers of the elders, there was no one to back her up, she had no allies to begin with, and her armor was 'evil heretical armor.' Not to mention that the elders' resentment of Leona living probably carried over to her. Diana got a kill or be killed situation, Leona got a free pass.

Then my mind goes into thinking that Leona would say something on the lines of not letting Diana kill anyone else, and not letting Diana fall into such a situation again. I interpret Leona as the defender of her people first and her people's ways second. Diana is one of Leona's people, and therefore someone she must protect. And then Diana finally gets to spend time with the person she admired for so long ... (thinking up fanfics). Lore-ish reasons done, feel free to rip apart.

I like your version better. and Diana's powers, even though moonlight is basically the reflection of sunlight, the light needs to be reflected off the moon in order to have the intended effect. So it would probably be during a full moon that Diana would be most powerful.

Grand Viper

08-22-2014

Do you think it'd be improper of me to promote my writing on Leo and Diana here?

Foolish Lantern

08-23-2014

I cannot see how that would be detrimental; by all means, please.