Why are so many people worse at dominion than at classic?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lord Morius

Recruiter

04-02-2013

When I started playing, I used to get my daily 150 IP bonus by playing dominion vs bots since it's faster than a normal game.

However, I lost quite often, mostly cause a lot of teammates were just really bad at it (I was usually the one with the most capture points).

Yet, I've never lost a classic easy game vs bots, no matter how bad the team is.

Why do you think that is? Maybe in dominion teamwork is way more important while in classic if there are at least a couple of good players they can carry the game?

Sometimes I think that pvp dominion is easier than vs bots. What do you guys think?

IIxeenoxII

04-02-2013

Bots are actually pretty good on dominion, from what I've seen. They aren't perfect but they are a lot better than on SR; their builds still suck though.

A Slime Appears

04-02-2013

I dunno, when I coop vs AI against intermediate dom bots it's pretty easy nowadays and usually results in a quick stomp. I know when I first started playing I got people who were hilariously bad though.

SR intermediate bots...man. Only faced them once and we got rolled so bad.

Orphane

04-02-2013

Dominion has a different skillset and people have a hard time shifting to the correct mentality. Also, the terrible score system reinforces bad behaviors.

Reynmaker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-02-2013

I've found that in both modes, bots players are amazingly bad. To the extent that I do not use it to farm 1st win IP anymore, for fear that I would waste 15-35 minutes of my life, cursing my inability to carry/cursing 4 people for surrendering to bots(silently, we do not abuse bots players)/ or just cursing.

Warmeat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-02-2013

Classic is about getting more money then having better items and that makes it easy to snowball , in dominion its more even money wise and lvl wise so you wont see much lvl 6 vs lvl 9, a good example is someone who always plays mid because he know he will be lvl 9 faster than the 2 bot who are sharing Xp then always ganks bot and the reason he may be succesful is becaus te has the money and 2 lvl advantage. in dominion there none of that you just gotta play better than the other guys with the same items so champ pick and skill at playing your champ is how you gotta do it

NamKim

04-03-2013

If someone went up to me and asked me how to get out of "elo hell." I would say "play Co-op vs. AI for Dominion. There you will learn to carry hard.

Rebel Dragon

04-03-2013

I've lost more bot SR games than bot Dominion games. I've played over 800 bot games.

I play too many bot games.

Eloquid

04-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Morius View Post
When I started playing, I used to get my daily 150 IP bonus by playing dominion vs bots since it's faster than a normal game.

However, I lost quite often, mostly cause a lot of teammates were just really bad at it (I was usually the one with the most capture points).

Yet, I've never lost a classic easy game vs bots, no matter how bad the team is.

Why do you think that is? Maybe in dominion teamwork is way more important while in classic if there are at least a couple of good players they can carry the game?

Sometimes I think that pvp dominion is easier than vs bots. What do you guys think?
Haha, man, it's because you usually get matched with super bad teammates who are still learning the ropes of the game. (the fact that Riot doesn't support Dom with any official guide doesn't help either). It's quite common to see 4 players going bot on Coop vs Ai Dom. But bots per se are pretty easy to the extent that I feel guilty, I tried bot game after long time yesterday and went 40/2. Got killed twice because I didn't care after a while.

0shi

04-03-2013

That's weird, I find the dominion coop vs ai games to be complete bot stomps, since the bots seem to have even worse pathfinding / decision making on dominion. I actually stopped doing them for first win of the day and went to the twisted treeline because it was all over so quickly and unsatisfyingly (e.g. I only ever got to make one full item).
And let me tell you, you haven't seen bad players until you've played fifty or so twisted treeline coop vs ai games.

EDIT: That said, I have to agree it is dramatically harder to lose SR games against bots. I suspect this is because the laning phase lasts long enough for you to thoroughly shut out the bots level-wise and there are more turrets / neutral objectives that can easily be gotten solo which give your entire team a gold lead.