What do you think?

Vision ward boot upgrade (pink ward) 4 12.50%
Sight ward boot upgrade (green ward) 15 46.88%
No ward boot upgrade, it would impact the gameplay too heavily 13 40.63%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Boots, Late game, and Wards

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bakawun

04-02-2013

So I know that there's a tradeoff to consider regarding carrying wards vs a 6th item. BUT I think it'd be really cool to have a level 3 boot option that made it have the ward passive of a Wriggle's Lantern. Further, I think it'd be cool that after that you could combine them with a 5-stack of pink wards to make the passive a pink ward. It'd be really helpful for junglers and carries to be able to ward without losing an item slot, and it'd make the game more interesting. I think the pink option would be cool, but perhaps change the game a little too much. The sight ward option as level 3 on boots though would be very helpful. What does everyone else think?

To clarify, after you got level 2 boots, one level 3 option would store a ward on your boots with a 3 minute cooldown, and it would refresh for free every 3 minutes.

awkwardbowman

04-02-2013

That would be awesome. Wriggle's enchantment essentially. I would love that (support main) especially since I never really get boot enchants anyway (except homeguard).

Phoonnomnomnom

04-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by awkwardbowman View Post
That would be awesome. Wriggle's enchantment essentially. I would love that (support main) especially since I never really get boot enchants anyway (except homeguard).
Off topic here.

Red enchant on boots is great for supports

On topic.

Best Idea I have ever read in item discussion.

M1ST4K3N

04-04-2013

I definitely like this idea. 3 wards with a sightstone is great, but that only covers so much of the map. Plus it would give other champs the ability to ward without affecting their build too much.

awkwardbowman

04-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoonnomnomnom View Post
Off topic here.

Red enchant on boots is great for supports
Furor? I think you mean the orange one, Captain. But it's expensive :/ 700 odd gold for that compared to 475 for homeguard (which i usually end up getting only if we're being defensive). Captain is like a late game luxury upgrade for me.

Witzelsucht

04-04-2013

I thought there was an item that gave you wards, is it not suitable?

Bakawun

04-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witzelsucht View Post
I thought there was an item that gave you wards, is it not suitable?
It takes up a slot in your inventory, and unless you're a support carrying many wards, you can't afford to lose a slot of your inventory to wards in the late game. That way carries could still have a ward on them. I imagine it would be a very expensive upgrade to balance it and prevent everyone from carrying it.

Boot

04-05-2013

+1. Nuff said.

Crazy Jenkins

04-06-2013

bumpity bump bump

TroyM88

04-08-2013

Good Idea, riot should put this in the game.