Grievous Wound OP?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xGiantRedPanda

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2010

I have found that inflicting the "Grievous Wound" status on a champ rarely happens, but when it does it tends to be extremely OP. Any healing or regeneration effects are decreased by 50% for whatever period of time it might be. But it is very hard to inflict this grueling status on an enemy champ.

Champs with ability:

Gangplank - Passive ability "Grog-Soaked Blade". Upon being hit by auto-attack, the enemy takes magic damage per second, increasing in level, and decreases healing received by 50% for 10 seconds. (Timer re-applies per hit I believe.)

Katarina - Activating "Killer Instinct" and then using "Bouncing Blade" inflicts the enemy with the 50% reduction in healing received.

Miss Fortune - Activating the ability "Impure Shots" increases her attack speed and applies the grievous wound status every time she attacks them while it's active.

Tristana - Activating the Explosive Shot ability on a target inflicts the debuff for anywhere between 4-8 seconds, depending on the level of the ability.

That's it...4 out of 63 champs can apply the grievous wound effect on a champ without any aid.

The only item that can inflict the effect is "Executioner's Calling". The item itself gives you 18% lifesteal and 15% crit chance. Passive: On hit, you deal 4 damage per sec for 8 secs.
The active ability applies the effect. But that sucks too. What caster in their right mind picks up this item? Tanks? I only ever see a Tryndamere or Gangplank with it.

Now I know what everyone's thinking: Ignite is the simple solution.
But I keep finding myself in games where less and less people are picking up ignite. Everyone thinks the Ghost/Flash combo is OP. Casters almost always pick up Ghost. Melee DPSers usually pick up exhaust and/or Ghost. it just seems like I usually find our team igniteless...

This isn't meant to be a QQ thread in any way. I just want to enlighten people as to the incredibly great debuff known as the "Grievous Wound".

Certain Champs just get shutdown by it. I recently played a game as Vladimir. They had a Mundo on the other team and like most Mundos, he stacked HP and health regen. We had no one who would pick up executioner's calling and no Gangplank or Katarina or Miss Fortune. I was the only one with Ignite. In a teamfight, Mundo rushed in like the meat shield he is. My team always seemed to wanna focus him first, and then we would get wiped by the rest of the team. So one time I was ready for it.

BUT FIRST!!!

Happy Fun Math Time:
Sadism - Mundo sacrifices 20% of his current health to regenerate 70% of his max health over 12 seconds.

So let's say he has 3000 health. At about 1000 health he will pop the ult. 3000 * .70 (70%) = 2100. 2100 / 12 seconds = 175 per second.(On top of his regular health regen.) Any grievous wound applied (including my ignite) cuts all of that in half. He would regen only 1050 over the first 5 secs, granted I cast ignite the moment he ults. Per sec health regen from Sadism drops to 87.5 per sec.

A good burst from an ulted Ryze could drop all of that health. Usually Mundo won't realize he is hit with the debuff until it's too late. He is already in the middle of your team and he should be toast.
Essentially, meat shield becomes...well just meat lol.

This is just one instance where this debuff devastates a champ. Tired of not being able to gank that Soraka because she heals at just the right moment? Throw a Grievous Wound status on her and see her heal her way through that. Alistar's AOE heal? Forget about it. Sona? Get real. And any champion depending on their lifesteal will find themselves at a loss of health very quickly.

The point of this thread is of course to spark discussion on this great debuff, but also because I want to see more instances of this debuff used. Whether it be more champs that can inflict it or maybe another item.

Please consider it Riot!

Edit: Forgot Trist...Thanks.

KinneyDrae

11-06-2010

You forgot Tristana's Explosive Shot.

Wu Thuong

11-06-2010

trist can apply it too

Kryoz

11-06-2010

This desperately needs a TL;DR.

Azuredragon653

11-06-2010

Tristana also applies it.

And yes, we've known for a long time that the characters with mortal strikes are a pretty hard counter to Mundo, and decent counters to healers.

rmdashrf

Recruiter

11-06-2010

I take it you play healers.

OhSupBreh

11-06-2010

Dont really see what your trying to say here...

KsK Drone

11-06-2010

isn't life steal unaffected by grievous wounds? B/c I know increased health regen on SV doesn't improve life steal.....

TaPsomB0NG

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2010

death wall of text gets nowhere.
good job.

maiL13

11-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by KsK Drone View Post
isn't life steal unaffected by grievous wounds? B/c I know increased health regen on SV doesn't improve life steal.....
Lifesteal isn't affected by Grievous Wound, BUT passive's such as warwick's and xin zhaos give them health on hit, which isn't lifesteal, so that can be halved with Grievous Wound.