XP/IP from Battle Training

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

V3TT

11-06-2010

So, I got out of my first Battle Training tutorial thing, and, mind you with a 40% reduction on IP/XP earned, I earned a grand total of 497 IP and and 141 XP. With my first win of the day bonus still available.

Is this a one time only thing or is Battle Training really that farmable?

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

11-06-2010

At level 30 you don't get IP (or xp, '-100% for a tutorial game') for completing the battle training. I'd imagine you could farm it at early levels, and this might not be a bad thing as it will reinforce the basics, but I doubt you get the IP past the first few levels, or it gets reduced more and more as you level, to 0 at 10 or so. You would have to test it out if you can get that again, it doesn't take all that long. The bonus IP might be for a 'first time completing' the training.

Edit: it says you can play it again to keep gaining rewards, so it may not be the full 400+, but you can at least get some.

Kantrix

11-08-2010

For the record: I tried this at level 29 to see if I would get anything. I did all the secondary quests and such to make sure I had every opportunity to get bonuses. At the end of the game I got -100% ip/xp for it being a tutorial. So, it obviously does have a cuttoff somewhere where it stops giving you bonuses.

At least I got to play Garen.

Wulvendawg

11-12-2010

Well it is good to know that there ARE rewards I guess, but I have yet to receive a single point of anything, and I started trying Battle Training at either lv 16 or 17. So the cutoff must be something like lv10 or 15.... It really isn't right to be getting a notice of future rewards and be denied rewards since the first attempt.

Though I have to admit, trying Garen without worry was a definite thrill I haven't seen with my usual casters.

DriftingSmoke

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2010

I just gave it a try at 16 and no go, so the cutoff is definitely low.

Arkensth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2010

The cutoff for a Custom Game is 10, so it'd probably be 10 for Battle Training too.

Imho, new players should not get that kind of reward, even if Riot wants to provide an impetus for them to use the Battle Training. Maybe instead they should get a free 450 champ every so often.

Uncle Gazpacho

11-13-2010

If I had to guess, the amount of IP/XP gained is probably inversely proprotional to your level, so the higher your level, the less you get, you probably lose 10% of the bonus per level or something. As for the bonus, it's not a big deal for a new player to get 500 IP for completing training. It definitely doesn't imbalance the game or anything, and I think that's the idea behind giving such a large bonus for completing the training, but maybe Riot wants to give players the option of using the IP for something else, like runes, which isn't a good option at all, but it is an option.

Firebrand Hands

12-31-2012

I looked around for a more recent post, but couldn't find any, so I'm resurrecting this thread. I just did the training at level 10 and got full IP/EXP (close to 500/200). Enjoy!

CyberShard

07-04-2013

kcjejeeejeesgsgsghwh