RiotSchmick AMA / Status Thread

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Necromancer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotSchmick View Post
I don't suppose I know. There are probably lots of people who don't know, but since they mostly don't say anything, I don't know they don't know. : P

Some people say something kind of late in game, like "oh, I didn't notice." Some people assume that you are just a fan and don't work for Riot. Some people have asked what Riot is when someone else started talking to me about it.
While you're here and on that subject, have you ever had a massive fanboy?

When I did CS awhile back on a different game I had an in-game rank and people just showered me with praise, loved it.

FaylureAtLoL

04-03-2014

Just popped in and wanted to say thanks for taking your time to answer all our questions.

And not posting on reddit.

RiotSchmick

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Software Engineer

Follow RiotSchmick on Twitter

04-03-2014
148 of 150 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evalexis View Post
That's gotta be a little depressing I would think.
It surprises me, but I wouldn't say it depresses me. If I'm really into a game, I make a point to learn about it and who makes it and all the details like that. However, not everyone is like me. Some people probably don't really care to know.

RiotSchmick

Software Engineer

04-03-2014
149 of 150 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaylureAtLoL View Post
Just popped in and wanted to say thanks for taking your time to answer all our questions.

And not posting on reddit.
You are welcome, although I do post on reddit sometimes. : )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necromancer View Post
While you're here and on that subject, have you ever had a massive fanboy?

When I did CS awhile back on a different game I had an in-game rank and people just showered me with praise, loved it.
Again, I don't know. I've had people tell me they are a fan, and be nice to me or ask me questions. I don't if there is anyone out there that would consider himself a "fanboy" though.

Quinn PossibIe

04-03-2014

Wow you're still doing this? Okay.

Aeon Avenger

04-03-2014

What is the square root of pie divided by phone?

Samflash3

04-03-2014

Why is Riot Baconhawk evil?

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=4331864

RiotSchmick

Software Engineer

04-03-2014
150 of 150 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn PossibIe View Post
Wow you're still doing this? Okay.
Answering questions when people ask me? Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeon Avenger View Post
What is the square root of pie divided by phone?
Noodle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samflash3 View Post
That thread just looks delicious to me.

Evalexis

04-03-2014

Quote:
It surprises me, but I wouldn't say it depresses me. If I'm really into a game, I make a point to learn about it and who makes it and all the details like that. However, not everyone is like me. Some people probably don't really care to know.

That is the depressing part though. That there are so many people in this world who just do not feel the desire to learn. Mankind's relentless pursuit of knowledge, and our ability to make scrumptious bacon, is what sets us apart and above all the other creatures (that we have discovered). Our comprehension of existence is the only reason we've gotten this far, and the only way we can stay at this level or surpass our current limits is by pushing the boundaries of what we know and can do.

TL;DR
Bacon is yummy.

Luner Hunter

04-04-2014

Quote:
So, some people have asked me, in forum posts and in games I've played the past few days, to do an AMA thread. I thought I'd start this thread for that purpose, as well as to let people know when I'm running ARAMs, like right now.

I play open ARAM games most every day at lunchtime (PST) and often after work. I always call the games "RiotSchmick's ARAM" and I never have a password. I'm starting up some games now, so jump on in!

Big thanks to all you folks who make participating on the forums and playing community games so enjoyable. See you on the Fields of Justice.
http://community.na.leagueoflegends....-notes-amazing

thoughts?