Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

RiotSchmick AMA / Status Thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HiFromBuddha

04-02-2013

This is very important.

How do you like your steak done?

Wildexodon

04-02-2013

I have a question. Is working at riot a possibility? As in, I am in 10th grade at the moment, what particular courses could I go to work at riot? I've been playing avidly since kog came out, and I would love to be part of this company in the future. I would love to go into design, since I've always loved concept. I love the idea of creating and writing stories, and watching them come to life in front of you

Werewolf

Adjudicator

04-02-2013

Quote:
Luscious Lenny:
shmick it would be an honor to vs you in aram. hopefully you do more soon =D

You need to spell her name correctly first

KrankyKitten

04-02-2013

What software have you designed/programmed for Riot?

What languages do you use while working at Riot?

When did you start programming?

Arctic Bro

04-02-2013

Y u so awsm

JimsHardcore

04-02-2013

Quote:
RiotSchmick:
So, some people have asked me, in forum posts and in games I've played the past few days, to do an AMA thread. I thought I'd start this thread for that purpose, as well as to let people know when I'm running ARAMs, like right now.

I play open ARAM games most every day at lunchtime (PST) and often after work. I always call the games "RiotSchmick's ARAM" and I never have a password. I'm starting up some games now, so jump on in!

Big thanks to all you folks who make participating on the forums and playing community games so enjoyable. See you on the Fields of Justice.

Hi Schmick.
I must say reading through that thread, I was very pleased with your attitude towards the community, and your attitude in general. It is really nice to see Riot Employee's of whom are enjoying being active on the forum in a positive way, and doing everything they can to make the experience enjoyable.

I suppose my question, to keep it relevant to an AMA is, How do you remain so positive in a community that can seem so toxic at times.
I find myself frustrated at times when in Solo Queue, do you have a method to "cool down", such as music you listen to when you play, or are you just a generally calm and peaceful person?

Keep up the solid work. Much appreciated!! :3

Inkyjinx

04-02-2013

re: Dominion

Quote:
RiotSchmick:

I honestly can't answer that. I don't work on the code base/tech that would involved, so I can't make an assessment.

can you pass on this thread to someone who can?

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3252767

and ask they reply. 1300+ upvotes, 100k+ views, 3k+ replies. no response from Riot. please?

HiFromBuddha

04-02-2013

Quote:
JimsHardcore:
Hi Schmick.
I must say reading through that thread, I was very pleased with your attitude towards the community, and your attitude in general. It is really nice to see Riot Employee's of whom are enjoying being active on the forum in a positive way, and doing everything they can to make the experience enjoyable.

I suppose my question, to keep it relevant to an AMA is, How do you remain so positive in a community that can seem so toxic at times.
I find myself frustrated at times when in Solo Queue, do you have a method to "cool down", such as music you listen to when you play, or are you just a generally calm and peacful person?

Keep up the solid work. Much appreciated!! :3

You spelt her name correctly. *claps*

04-02-2013

Why are you on the forums? What do you actually do. 'software engineer'

JimsHardcore

04-02-2013

Quote:
HiFromBuddha:
You spelt her name correctly. *claps*

It's a rare occasion.. Also you must be from the other thread.. hehehehe ;D
<3