Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

RiotSchmick AMA / Status Thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Valodor

05-05-2013

Schmick what's your job? And have you met nikasaur in real life?

iduhhendsumboi

05-05-2013

@RiotSchmick
how long till the new server for Australian players?
cant cope with constant 200 ping :/

RiotSchmick

Software Engineer

Follow RiotSchmick on Twitter

05-05-2013

Quote:
Valodor:
Schmick what's your job? And have you met nikasaur in real life?

I am a software engineer.

I have seen her around many times, but I've never talked to her directly. There are many Rioters and our jobs don't always overlap, so we don't all know each other well.

Uniquisher

05-05-2013

Quote:
RiotSchmick:

I have seen her around many times, but I've never talked to her directly. There are many Rioters and our jobs don't always overlap, so we don't all know each other well.

You're on! C:
Hey,
what exactly do you do as a software engineer,
I plan on becoming a game developer/designer later on, and Im curious as in what exactly you do at riot as a software engineer?

and is your job fun for you?
is it challenging at times?

Uniquisher

05-05-2013

I have a lot of questions, just wont bombard you with them all at once
haha xD

cory245

05-06-2013

Quote:
RiotSchmick:
I have watched quite a few anime, not always in their entirety, but enough to tell I wasn't enjoying it, including Sailor Moon, Ghost in the Shell, Cowboy Bebop, NausicaƤ, Dragon Ball Z, FLCL, and other random ones on Cartoon Network that I don't know the name of. If you have other suggestions that are different in theme or tone from these, I'm open.

I liked Avatar and Teen Titans, both of which, in my opinion, are kind of anime-ish, but more "Western"ized. I think that's the key difference for me.

I find it interesting that you don't like "Ghost in the Shell" due to its title's origins. Do you read any comics and if so which ones?

Also in your opinion if they added another Egyptian themed champion which god would you want?

Artifice

05-06-2013

If I asked you to answer a bunch of questions for an interview that would go into my career paper for my college portfolio, you would say...?

Koechophe

05-06-2013

Did you compete in any sports/extra curricular activities in high school?

1v1 on RS

05-06-2013

Do you even lift?

Grey Wolf

Recruiter

05-06-2013

Quote:
RiotSchmick:

When a software engineer won't elaborate on their job... it means you are in security or anti-exploits.