I come from WoW, where Sejuani, Karma, and Trundle VU's wouldn't have happened.

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 28
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tybault Windsor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-02-2013

You're free to have your personal opinions and feelings about how the visual updates were handled. I don't really care how you feel.

That's not what this thread is about.

This thread is to explain that while you're entitled to your opinions, sometimes things have to change, and you should be happy that Riot has the means, know-how, and care to change what needs to be changed.

Sejuani, Karma, and Trundle did not deliver in their original iterations. This is a fact, and it will not change.

Now, the options were to keep them the way they were for the people who loved them, or to give them the overhauls they deserved.

In World of Warcraft, it would've been the former. Nothing ever changed in that game, because any and all change was responded to with vitriolic, poisonous bile. Bile not unlike what we're seeing with Sejuani and Trundle.

The humans in World of Warcraft look exactly as they did in 2004. Yes, 2004. Nine years ago.

Compare anything from 2013 to a counterpart from 2004 and tell me how it looks.

That is what it is like to play a human character in World of Warcraft, compared to the newer Pandaren, Worgen, and Goblins. Even compared to the Blood Elves or Draenei, it's a drastic difference in quality.

Why haven't they updated the miserable-looking humans to the quality they've shown they can do for other races?

Nostalgia. Hatred of change. Not on Blizzard's part. On the community's part.

Any change whatsoever was met with violent outbursts on the forums.

To the point that Blizzard has essentially closed its doors to community feedback entirely.

What needs to be changed in World of Warcraft is time-locked out of fear of the new, and so the game never truly grew or developed as it needed to.

And then the community lost their ability to give feedback entirely.

TL;DR -
Do not make the same mistakes as our forebears.

Change can and will be good. You will have to accept some things that you like being changed for the greater good.

Do not respond to everything Riot does with hatred and anger and torches and pitchforks, else they may stop listening to us entirely. It -has- happened before.

You are free to have whatever opinion on anything that you wish, but do not stifle the growth of this game or anything merely because you dislike change.

Ty out.

RayOfLight17

04-02-2013

I must agree, Riot actually does a great job of being community-friendly, the least we can do is be friendly back.

Tybault Windsor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayOfLight17 View Post
I must agree, Riot actually does a great job of being community-friendly, the least we can do is be friendly back.

^

Save the torches and pitchforks for things like Infinite Light or 34%.

Visual updates should be handled with dignified criticism, not angry bile.

Shinzoku

04-02-2013

At least someone that knows what he's talking about. Thank you.

wapster

04-02-2013

but humans in wow have some of the best movement in the game

unless you're a keyboard turning scrub who clicks abilities, then every race is bad

Cyr

04-02-2013

Have my children Ty.

Tybault Windsor

04-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by wapster View Post
but humans in wow have some of the best movement in the game

unless you're a keyboard turning scrub who clicks abilities, then every race is bad

Is it worth looking like a bearded rectangle? Or not having wrists?

Or that awful, awful run?

Blaine Tog

04-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tybault Windsor View Post
Compare anything from 2013 to a counterpart from 2004 and tell me how it looks.
While I totally agree with what you said, I had to respond to this with the following:

Challenge. Accepted.

Tybault Windsor

04-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyr View Post
Have my children Ty.

Both my soul and my womb are already claimed.

Delete Teemo

04-02-2013

bump. Riot, don't listen to the haters

1234511 ... 28