League of Legends mods?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NightKrowe

04-02-2013

Are League of Legends mods allowed? For a while I used to use skins from LeagueCraft.com (such as ichigo yi, which looks badass) but they only changed aesthetics in the game, not actual mechanics. I was curious if I would be allowed to use a mod that would, for example, allow me to zoom out further than normal. I have trouble when I play with my screen locked sometimes, and I feel the best solution would be the ability to zoom out further. Would I be banned for this? Would I be allowed to use it in normal games, if not ranked? I was just curious on what the rules were on mods in general before I start tinkering with my client. I don't want to risk having to start over or getting permanently banned because I didn't ask first.

Trollmaster Cryo

04-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightKrowe View Post
Are League of Legends mods allowed? For a while I used to use skins from LeagueCraft.com (such as ichigo yi, which looks badass) but they only changed aesthetics in the game, not actual mechanics. I was curious if I would be allowed to use a mod that would, for example, allow me to zoom out further than normal. I have trouble when I play with my screen locked sometimes, and I feel the best solution would be the ability to zoom out further. Would I be banned for this? Would I be allowed to use it in normal games, if not ranked? I was just curious on what the rules were on mods in general before I start tinkering with my client. I don't want to risk having to start over or getting permanently banned because I didn't ask first.
No, I'm pretty sure that's bannable. WHO THE HELL PLAYS WITH THEIR SCREEN LOCKED?

Wezz

04-02-2013

I heard things like League of Draven is legal to use (idk why you would do that unless you have 10 minuites to look through draven portraits' names for your champ).

MoonsBane

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-02-2013

Only you see the changes to the characters. It's against their ToS technically but there have been multiple red posts saying that they endorse it! As long as your not using really bad skins (...Nazi Teemo...) and you're not using Riot's own skins.

Shamino55

04-02-2013

I locked my screen for a while. Through this I learned map awareness.

Ebonmaw Dragon

04-02-2013

Custom skins are ok

And you REALLY PLAY WITH THE SCREEN LOCKED?

JohnWinter

04-02-2013

Custom Skins are ok.
Being able to zoom further than normal I believe is considered hacking since it kind of gives an unfair advantage.

NightKrowe

04-02-2013

Yeah, I play with the screen locked. With the ability to drag my mouse on the minimap when I need to look in another lane, the only real downside is when I need to see just outside my screen's range. I feel like zooming out a bit more would fix that, rather than have to get used to playing unlocked. Every time I play unlocked, I do horrible, and I feel like a simple mod would be better than having to learn to play an entirely different way.

In a way, it can be seen as an unfair advantage. To others who play with a locked screen. But the way I see it, it gives me the same advantage someone with an unlocked screen achieves without having my screen moved around all the time. It would be great if I could get at least a semi-official yay or nay on the subject before I actually do anything. I mean, it's not like I'm increasing my sight range, just how much of it I can see at one time.

NightKrowe

04-02-2013

So...?

Silent Pete

04-02-2013

i play screen locked kogmaw just to make people cringe