Q: Morgana Runes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS1ebe60507d910496d5f37

05-29-2010

Mark: Flat AP
Seals: Mp5/lvl
Glyphs: Flat AP or AP/lvl
Quints: Flat AP or Flat HP

Thoughts?

Carados

05-29-2010

Why AP over Magic Pen?

And why no cooldown reduction for blue?

TheBubba

05-29-2010

yeah idk how great the MR reduction is on tormented soil but unless its nuts the magic pen reds will get you way more damage, the seals are good, the blue same as above CDR is good, and the quints maybe fort for some extra survivability early

forts = flat health

xahhfink6

05-29-2010

Go with magic pen in marks, I dont want to figure out the math, but the AP from marks is pretty weak, and your soil will still be dealing more damage on the first 3-4 hits with magic pen than with AP, even at its highest level (and assuming they have no magic resist). Definetely a better choice.

For Glyphs, get the AP/level, as they make a much bigger difference at will be better damage by the time you get your ult.. but in quints I may suggest flat AP because it will give you great farming abilities (2 level 1 soils, 1 level 2 soil and an auto attack, or one level 3 soil will kill backrow minions) It depends on your build, if you are rushing a rod of ages, you will want the AP quints, if you start with a Dorans ring or an amplifying tome, definetely get the HP quints.

As far as cooldown in runes, I strongly suggest skipping them on morgana, she already has low cooldowns on all her abilities, and they scale very strongly with AP... also you will want to AP for early farming + harassing.

Urziel De Mortin

05-29-2010

Mark - MPen
Glyph - cooldown
Seal - MP / 5 OR dodge
quint - flat hp

for TT only:
ignore MP/5 just go with armor (flat) and change some glyph for MR (flat)

why?
1. First level combat (assuming you took dorans ring) are based on MPen and hp (dorans gives you 120 and you get 90 from hp.
2. Arm / MR helps a lot at the start (everyone got MPen / APen, so it bassicly 1% dmg reduction per 1 Arm or MR)
3. If you want AP only go with per level AP.