Information on Pro-Player salaries?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jordonics

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-02-2013

Hey there!

I'm looking for some background information on the salaries for pro teams/players.

Anything relative to how they get paid (streaming, sponsorship, LCS salary, tournament winnings, etc).

Any information on the subject would be appreciated, or if you could point me in the right direction I'd be happy with that also!

Thanks,

Jordonics

Cavo

04-02-2013

Tournament winnings are dependent on which tournament. They're always different. There's no salary for the LCS, they get paid whatever the team or their sponsors pay them, which would be part of the contracts they sign, which you probably will not be able to find anything more than very ambiguous information on. Streaming is also dependent on whose advertisements are being shown, the number of viewers, and the number of advertisements shown.Basically no one is going to be able to answer your question with any good specifics.

Baxter the Teddy

04-02-2013

There IS a salary for LCS.

And they probably make 6 digits between everything. Specifcally, you listed nearly all the ways they get paid and, like Cavo said, it's unlikely you'll find specifics. Pro gaming contracts are very hush hush.

Selcopa

04-03-2013

Riot pays the teams for LCS, I believe Forbes had an online article stating they spend around 12k per month for each team.

As far as streaming, the standard deal I think is around $3/1000 ads played, people have ad blocker and such so the numbers aren't a simple translation from whatever their stream numbers are, but it can give you an idea of what they are making.

Sponsorships are tricky, they usually pay a flat amount, but take a cut of stream money, as well as provide other services. It also depends on the type of sponsorship. Evil Genius takes a cut of stream money because they have the name, but Gunner Eyewear is probably just giving them free stuff and maybe some money as well.